Zdravej (hope I spelled it right :-D) from Burgas!

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Bunniluvsyou

Zdravej (hope I spelled it right :-D) from Burgas!

Postby Bunniluvsyou » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Hello,

I am new to the site but not too new to Bulgaria. My hunny and I have been coming here for a couple years. I am an American with a Bulgarian man. We have a nice American sized apartment right here in the city center of Burgas. We spend about 3-6 months a year here. I love it but I get homesick sometimes when I am here (especially with this cold weather we have been having here). This because not knowing the language is isolating but Bulgarians really try there best to communicate with you and are very nice. So if you see a car driving around Burgas with no front plate and Florida plates in the rear, honk your horn or wave, we will wave back. :)

I think I will find this forum useful as we are looking to find a nice large parcel of land in a village for future building of a home. So far we like Marinka, Rosen, Kubleshkovo/Aheloy, and Dratchovo (my apologizes in advance for butching those spellings). Any help on this would be awesome.

Okay so, I am being to write a novel, so I will end here.

Cheers,
Alicia

pinkyfahey

Postby pinkyfahey » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi...I will keep an out for you on my travels around town. I will be the one driving a Jeep trying to control three kids and husky.
Helen x

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Welome to the site Bunniluvsyou! :smt039
Hope you find all you are looking for; you will be getting the Red Carpet treatment at all the REA's I should think! :wink:
PS sometimes mayors can help get you fixed up at a better price but they don't all speak English. Which is fair enough, I hasten to add!

Bunniluvsyou

Postby Bunniluvsyou » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:27 pm

pinkyfahey wrote:Hi...I will keep an out for you on my travels around town. I will be the one driving a Jeep trying to control three kids and husky.
Helen x
Helen, that would be awesome. We have looked at a few parcels already.

Our problem with finding stuff is that we are looking for a minimum of 4 decares but we really want like 8-10 decares that is not agricultural. (We heard it's tough to build on agricultural.) When you say this to a Bulgarian they think it is too huge of land for one modest sized house but with our American standards, not so much.

Wow, a Jeep! You make me miss my SUV already! You must be superwoman being able to wrestle kids, a dog, and still able to park that thing with the parking problems we have here in Burgas. :lol:

I have come to the conclusion the Burgas way is: You park on the side walk and walk in the street... :lol:

Bunniluvsyou

Postby Bunniluvsyou » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:37 pm

houseman wrote:Welome to the site Bunniluvsyou! :smt039
Hope you find all you are looking for; you will be getting the Red Carpet treatment at all the REA's I should think! :wink:
PS sometimes mayors can help get you fixed up at a better price but they don't all speak English. Which is fair enough, I hasten to add!
Thank you for the warm welcome!

"The mayor can help you fixed up with a better rate..." :lol: Viva Bulgaria because US city mayors of even the smallest towns would never give you the time a day! The no English thing is fine as the perk of being with a Bulgarian is he is fluent in the language even though he has an accent!

As for the red carpet treatment at the REA, this wont last long once they realize how cheap us people from America are. :)

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”