hello from newbie

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

M-and-M

hello from newbie

Postby M-and-M » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:34 pm

hello , this is my first time on my bulgaria . i live in the villa zone koshariza, i have lived here seven years this month
this is by way of saying hi to everyone on the forum
m&m. :roll:

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Hello and welcome!
You are proof that not everyone spends ages on this forum before taking the plunge! 8O
Having said that, now you have I'm sure you will find lots to inform and entertain you.
Enjoy!
:D

Smiggy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Smiggy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi M&M

Welcome to the forum

Having lived in BG for seven years it seems to have taken you a long time to find us ( or is it that you have just taken an interest in the postings as I have much of the time over the years)
No point in advising you there is a lot of useful information on the site as you can probably add much more to it
Anyway hoping you are enjoying live in your adopted country

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:42 am

Hi M&M

Welcome to MYBG.

Cheers

BGCarl

Pixi

Postby Pixi » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 am

Hi and welcome :D

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 am

Trying to work out who you are :lol: Welcome to the site.

ukJohn

hi

Postby ukJohn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi im new here too, thinking about living in Bulgaria, whats it like ?

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Welcome M&M and UKJohn
Hope you enjoy the site.

M&M you must have some stories to tell of your time here, seems you kept that a well kept secret :wink:

UKJohn, we moved here (Yambol) nearly 5 years ago and it all depends on your perspective on life, and what you want.
The first 10 months, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, and my hubby Darren hated it, since then I have had my ups and downs, and Darren now can't imagine living anywhere else :roll:

If you have never been here, when you do it might be an eye opener, but then you may be well travelled. Many say it's like the UK 50 years back, I sometimes think longer.

The weather is great, the landscape, nature and unspoiled walks are fantastic, people in general can be amazing, and as long as you have a plan it could be your dream place.

If thinking of moving, I think many of us now agree that renting is the way to start, and try to include a winter and an August, as both can be extreme.

If you need any help, just shout! But mods will appreciate the use of the search facility too :wink:

Good luck
Nikki

TGTGN

Re: hi

Postby TGTGN » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:51 am

ukJohn wrote:Hi im new here too, thinking about living in Bulgaria, whats it like ?

I like it.

Some things are very different from the UK, some are very similar. For instance, most Bulgarians would prefer to live in towns, whereas a lot of British people have the ambition to live in a village. (That is partly why houses in villages are much cheaper than homes in towns.)

The scenery is usually very nice, although that obviously depends upon where you are.

Most things tend to cost less, although imported goods are not a lot cheaper than the UK. For instance, the equivalent of council tax costs me about £25 per year. On the other hand, there are additional costs; for instance, to own a property with land, such as a typical village house, you need to set up a company in Bulgaria and pay for the tax declaration every year.

From my experience, most Bulgarians are decent people, although there are good and bad in every nation. There are some cultural differences, but a lot less than you might think.

I was lucky in that when I bought my house, by sheer chance, I chose one in a good village. If I had to give one piece of advice I would say take your time choosing and getting to know the villages or towns where you were thinking of buying. Houses are not selling very quickly at the moment, so you are unlikely to lose any bargains. Treat yourself to a bit of a holiday in the area.

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:04 am

ukJohn now has his own 'Newbies' thread here;

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... ic&t=42740

Mod 8)

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”