Hi

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

michaeldon

Hi

Postby michaeldon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Hello

I live in Sofia and it seems like I am the only person on the forum who doesn't live in a village. Ironically it's quite lonely in the big city :)

I'm not quite a newbie. I posted a couple threads here last year about some street dogs I have accumulated, but I haven't joined in the social network really as everyone seems so far away.

Anyway, hi to all.

Mike

1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi there are others who live in Sofia and use this forum. Set a date, find a coffee shop or bar and then advertise it here. I did the same with Popovo and people turned up!!!!!!!!!

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Fortunately or unfortunately you have Seedy to contend with, wouldn't like to comment further! :D

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi michaeldon, welcome back! A great way to find others in your area is to use the Property Owner Search located in the left hand column under the green 'Information' title. Just click the link then click on Sofia on the map and a list of other members there will appear on the right! Purely voluntary, but if you already have a place in Bulgaria you might like to add yourself to the map which can be done through your Profile Page. :wink:

Mod 8)

banshee
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby banshee » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi michaeldon and welcome .

Banshee :D

michaeldon

Postby michaeldon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks guys. I updated my profile so now everyone can see I am the only guy on the site in Sofia ;)))

Just wondering - what do you guys do out there in the countryside? I saw some threads where people even bought their property without ever having been to BG. They are going to have a big surprise when they get here and find out there is not even a local pub!

But seriously - why live in the middle of nowhere? What am I missing?

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:10 am

Horses for courses as they say. Why anyone would want to spend their evenings wasting them in a pub is beyond me! :D

However, in our village of 250 people, there are three bars, a larger one used by the younger element, big enough for parties, a small one where the old guys like to go, and a very modern one with a large television for watching football. Bet not many UK villages could boast that many!
Last edited by leedarkwood on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:39 am

michaeldon wrote:
But seriously - why live in the middle of nowhere? What am I missing?

For us, it's the peace and quiet, away from the noise and pollution, fantastic scenery and long walks.
We aren't fond of hoards of people, built up buildings and noisy traffic, never were in the UK either, so to come home even after a day in Yambol is a relief.

You can keep your BIG city :lol:

Nikki

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi michaeldon.

Welcome to MYBG. Hey each to their own I like the country life massively. If you are looking for folks in Sofia try the following link on facebook, they have well attended regular meeting. I haven't been, but I know people who have and they are very friendly to newcomers.

http://www.facebook.com/find-friends/index.php#!/group.php?gid=6219643970

Cheers

BGCarl

Charliechech
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Charliechech » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:52 am

Hi and welcome

I like the village life, I am a county girl, the cities are good for shopping and nights out :wink:

We are in quite a big village though and most villages around our region have at least one shop, one bar/cafe, post office and a bus service to get you out and about (albeit some villages have a bus twice a day). In our village we have 3 cafes, many shops, DIY store, school, medical centre, a dentist, library, restaurant down the road, train station, it's not bad at all!! There's room for our daughter to play outside, our dogs can run around, we have a veggie garden, smell of manure instead of traffic fumes, have no choice to but know your neighbors, it's great!!

It's a peaceful life, I look at the mountain every day, sit in the garden (when the sun's out), but we're only 8 minutes from the town, so best of both worlds.

Saying that, I am off to the UK in 3 weeks and can't wait to get out and about with my friends, a night out in Manchester ....... yes please!!!!

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”