greatings from troyan

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

DWIDGET
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

greatings from troyan

Postby DWIDGET » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:46 pm

hi all i'm a complete newbie to this even though i've lived here five years and my wife is bulgarian, i have never been on a forum in my life but finally got around to it. :) But to tell you the truth even though i've lived here five years i havent really seen anything of bulgaria, weve done the usual sights vt, gabrovo, pleven, lovech, but thats about it. so please get back to me and give me the heads up.
Oh by the way i'm english from manchester, told you i was new to this :lol:

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Greetings and Salutations :D

Salamander

Postby Salamander » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello

Watch out forums can be addictive.

Pixi

Postby Pixi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Charliechech
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Charliechech » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi and welcome. Also from Manchester area and my other half is Bulgarian (don't let Charlie fool you, I am a gal!!). Lovely area you are in, been a couple of times and like you, not done much touring around BG as yet! Love taking a wrong turn when we're out and about, it's a good way to see new places :wink:

SheilaP

Hello!

Postby SheilaP » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Hello and welcome. We are in Sopot which is quite near you. Came back to Wales at the beginning of October - work etc... Do you visit Karlovo or Sopot at all? Presently trying to learn the language but it aint easy!

gareth

Charliechech
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Charliechech » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Gareth
Which Sopot, the one near Lovech or the one near Karlovo?
Charlie

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Charlie,
The one near karlovo - a little town we know quite well now. Try to come out as often as possible, nice people, nice climate and nice paragliding!
Left a car behind but have been told it now has to be registered and the lights will need to be changed. This is proving to be quite tricky as I can't get suitable replacements for love nor money.
Guess you speak Bulgarian fluently! Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I Iam determined to give it a good go. However so far, only seem to elicit amusement when I try to speak Bulgarian!!

dovishdane,
gareth

DWIDGET
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby DWIDGET » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:53 pm

zdrasti Gareth

yep troyan is just over the hill and down a bit from you, not sure about the car thing i have lived here five years and both my wifes car and mine are rhd and have never had a problem with the lights, registration yes both are on bulgarian plates but the lights are a bit of a mistory to me? have a look on this forum i'm sure someone will know better than me.

chow for now
ed

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi Ed,
Yes we are virtually neighbours! Have been to Troyan several times-it seemed like a really nice place. Also flew of the mountain just in front of the Troyan monument a while back but usually use the southern side looking out towards Beklemento. Would you know what the skiing is like on the north side of the mountain below the monument?

Love the bulgarian climate - spring, summer and autumn but have never been there during the winter months which I guess, can be pretty harsh. Thinking of spending more time in BG, once I understand the language a bit better.

Lecha Nosht,
gareth

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”