Greetings from Lancashire!

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BenNLis

Greetings from Lancashire!

Postby BenNLis » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi All!

We are newbies to this site and were wondering if anyone is from the East Lancs area. We are from Blackburn and would love to get in contact with anyone from our neck of the woods.

Now for a little background info about ourselves......we have literally just returned from our first visit to Bulgaria after purchasing a house in the Silistra region, about 30mins away from Tutrakan. We only intended the house to be a holiday home but after falling completely and utterly in love with the country, we have decided that we would like to move there one day, once we have renovated the house........and learned the language!

Speaking of the language, can anyone recommend a class or tutor in our area please?

Good bye for now.

Ben and Lis

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RICO
Super User!
Super User!

greetings from lancashire

Postby RICO » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:40 pm

hi benNlis, welcome to the site,though i am some way from you in chadderton/oldham. i have,nt heard of the village you have bought in,but there are a lot of villages in bulgaria. i'm sure there are people on this site from blackburn and there will be someone ,who has property near your's in bulgaria. good luck for the future.

rico

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
blodwin
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby blodwin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Hiya and welcome. My next door neighbour who is Bulgarian has relations in Silistra and tells me there are lots of Brits there so it should'nt take you long to get to know people good luck with your new life.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
PJM

greetings from lancashire

Postby PJM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:05 pm

hi benNLIS
WELCOME TO MY BG
THERE IS A SITE FOR MEETINGS IN MANCHESTER OR CONTACT MARFAN FOR DETAILS OF NEXT MEETING ALSO CHECK POSTS AS I THINK THERE IS SOMEONE IN PRESTON GIVING BULGARIAN LESSONS
HOPE THIS IS OF HELP
REGARDS PJM
HALIFAX

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Varnaite

greetings

Postby Varnaite » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 pm

hello from a fellow blackburnian
im nowhere near you in bg as im in varna
but i hail from roelee area and later mill hill
give us a shout if ya want any help
im back in sunny bburn in dec if ya fancy meetin up for achat ...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Greetings from Cumbria. I bought my first house in BG in 2005 to use as a holiday home. Now, six years and two houses later I am planning to move to BG permanently too. Strange how it gets under your skin,eh? :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markb
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby markb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:35 am

Hello Ben and Lis
We have recently moved from Lower Darwen, we now live near Bolton and we have property at Bliznatsi near Varna.
We did have a few lessons with a Bulgarian lady who lives in Darwen, she is married to an english guy and we used to go to their house once a week for a lesson.
If you want any more info then please send me a message.
Mark.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
k9uxl

hi from lancashire

Postby k9uxl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 am

hi and welcome
we to are are just down down the road from you in leyland been here about 6 years now and when my partner retires in march will be here full time we are quite away from you in the targovishtie region in the hills near popovo but if your ever in are area pop in for drink and bite to eat hope you find the site usefull theres a great many helpfull people on here and a wealth of knoledge watch out for the cowboys but good luck to you and yours

ps one thing to look out for when returning to uk from a visit to bg is

B.W.S ( bulgarian withdrawl syndrome) usualy affects men more than women. :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
EDDIE

Re: greetings from lancashire

Postby EDDIE » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 am

hi ben and lis,we lived in darwen and came here in 2003 and have not regretted the move.we live in alen mak which is 5km from golden sands and 9 km from varna city.a bit far away from you but if you need any advice please dont hesitate to get in touch.eddie and jane.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pixi

Postby Pixi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi and welcome :)

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”