Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Sofia

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

katya

Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Sofia

Postby katya » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:45 am

Anyone can make some recommendations? Pool and gym are essential. Classes would be great too. Thanks

Murphys
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Fitness club in Sofia

Postby Murphys » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:22 am

Hi Katya,

I`m from Sofia. I can tell you that in Sofia have a lots a fitness club. Small, Medium and Huge one. In the Centre, in good location etc. Everything depends of what you want, where are you living and what you want to find inside.
Do you have a car or not?

Deyan

wayne2cat
Super User!
Super User!

Postby wayne2cat » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:12 am

Hi Katya.

Check out the fitness studio at the Hotel Princess near the coach station in Sofia. Lovely pool too.

Good luck

Regards

Wayne

Murphys
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Fitness club in Sofia

Postby Murphys » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:04 am

Hi Katya

This are my 2 suggestions:
- h-l Rodina, they have a intresting subscriptions card for fitness, swiming pool, massage, sauna and lot of extras.
- SportCentre Simeonovo - hotel, fitness, swiming pool, sauna, spaform, dancing and fun.

I don`t know did I help you.

Deyan

Rossi

Postby Rossi » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:20 am

You might like "The Gym",a modern and well equipped gym.There isn't a swimming pool though

Royboy

Postby Royboy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:27 am

Hello Rossi
I have used the Rodina before.....and found it quite good. Where is The Gym ?

Rossi

Postby Rossi » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:39 am

go to www.thegym.bg Rayboy

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:40 am

just off ul Nishava in Strelbishte. Used to be my local, but no pool. Kempinksi has both and is popular with the mutra and mutressas as well as the expat community.

michaeldon

Postby michaeldon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi all

I attend a gym called Maleevi in Sofia but I only go there once a week as I have a trainer in a different gym.

I find Maleevi a bit pricey for one-time entry (8 leva) and it doesn't have a barbell stand meaning you have to do squats, lunges on the Smith machine which my trainer advises against using because of the unnatural assistance it provides.

Does anyone know of a gym with lots of free weights, and equipment for using own bodyweight to train (pull-ups, dips, etc)? Preferably with as few machines as possible.

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”