ALL THE INFO YOU NEED RE SLIVEN G.C.

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

7RED
Super User!
Super User!

ALL THE INFO YOU NEED RE SLIVEN G.C.

Postby 7RED » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:24 am

Hi there fellow swingers :lol:

I have just spent the best part of June in Sliven and a good deal of that was on the golf course. I have tried to compile as much info about the golf course as possible so here goes.......

The G.C. is situated on the Sofia/Bourgas road on the outskirt of Sliven just before the shell garage.

There is a driving range, 5 lev for a bucket of 25 balls, putting green and a new swimming pool will open on the 15/07/06.

The club house provides an excellent 19th (bar), snacks, changing and shower facility and doubles as a hotel with 7 double rooms, 40 lev per night or 30 lev for a single. They should complete an upstairs restaraunt any time soon.

From the pro shop you can hire clubs, trolleys and golf buggies you can also buy balls, tee's, clubs (for men, women and children) polo shirts, gloves etc, etc. (personaly I would take with you balls, glove and tee's from the Uk as I think the price of these items are expensive)

Green fee's 36 lev, during July and August 50 lev.

Whilst I was there the secretary informed me that they are trying to implement a weekly/monthly fee. She promised to e-mail me the details A.S.P.

Dress code is very relaxed.

Score card.

Hole Meters Yards Par Stroke Index

1) 328 359 4 8
2) 212 232 3 18
3) 456 499 5 10
4) 414 453 4 2
5) 308 337 4 14
6) 226 247 3 6
7) 426 466 5 16
8) 398 435 4 12
9) 228 249 3 4

OUT 2996 3277 35

10) 462 505 5 9
11) 313 342 4 5
12) 198 217 3 17
13) 328 359 4 1
14) 311 340 4 11
15) 572 626 5 3
16) 316 346 4 16
17) 210 230 3 7
18) 304 333 4 13

IN 3014 3298 36
OUT 2996 3277 35

TOTAL 6010 6575 71

Contact details,

Secretary Helen 00359 (0) 888498054 helen_vassileva@abv.bg
Manager Galin 00359 (0) 887517000

Players from MyBulgaria

7red
malcolmdownthemiddle
zagorkaman
smilie

If you do go for a game then please mention my name, keith, and that you recieved this info from this web site, never know we might get a discount :lol:

7red

ps, dear mod, can you please post this as a sticky, many thanks, red
sorry but the score card has come out all scrunched up, I've tried to change it but.............

No problem! Mod 8)

Keegan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Keegan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:51 am

Have you any idea what the hotel rooms are like?
What is the course like to play on as when we passed in June it looked a bit scrubby. I dont play but was thinking of my son.

Cheers

7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:06 am

Hi keegan,

Thanks for reminding me, I have some photo's to post, so check out my gallery.

The course itself is very flat with no real natural features however Galin, the manager, told me that this year they are introducing fairway bunkers and planting a lot of tree's. When the wind gets up the course really starts playing tough, the green's have come on leaps and bounds but on the fairways you can still play preferred lie's.

Helena has promised to email me photo's of the bedroom's and once I have them I will put in my gallery.

7red

lyddi

Postby lyddi » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:39 pm

Excellent. How long do you think it takes to drive from Sunny Beach? I'm staying for only two weeks, do you think the course is worth it to spent almost a whole day to take 18 holes?? And one last question, the golf clubs they sell, do they have any brand names and how much does an iron set cost?

Thank you in advance,
Lyddi :D

7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:03 pm

Hi Lyddi,

Firstly welcome to the site, ok from S.B. to Sliven is approx 130k's and an easy drive should take you between 1.5 - 2 hours, the road is in good nick but be aware of speed traps entering and exiting villages.

Is it worth it? Well that depends what you want from a golf course, like I said before its very flat with no natural beauty too it and if your course at home is challenging then perhaps you will find Sliven boring. I live in the west of Romania were there is no golf so for me it is well worth it plus the missus doesn't play :lol:

I saw quite a few brand names for sale but the majority of clubs were Donnay, I will ask how much the clubs are and exactly whats for sale and post on Sunday/Monday.

Drop malcolmdownthemiddle a line, he plays there most weekends he is always up for a game.

Let us know how you get on and if I can be of further assistance just give me a SHOUT :lol:

7red

lyddi

Postby lyddi » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:58 pm

Thanks alot for that 7Red :D .

I will have to consider it, whether to spend a day there or not, since there is 50+ golf courses in Iceland and many of them are challenging (or maybe it's the weather that is challengin here :wink: )

Regards,
Lyddi

7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:56 pm

hi lyddi,

this is the sms I recieved from the sexetary 8) :lol: ....

tcm set is 295 lev, callway is 1560 lev, donnay is 1190 lev without the bag.

So you are from Iceland? Wow 8O You must start up a golfing hols in the brass balls thread :lol: Plus 50 odd golf courses there......fantastic...

I was lucky enough to have worked the cruise ships in my past, and our taxi :lol: took us to many exotic places to play golf but never Iceland.

May sound like a stupid question but how did you discover Bg?

Keep in touch and my wife and I would love to share a few stories one day.

Take care

7red

lyddi

Postby lyddi » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:59 am

7RED wrote:So you are from Iceland? Wow 8O You must start up a golfing hols in the brass balls thread :lol: Plus 50 odd golf courses there......fantastic...

I was lucky enough to have worked the cruise ships in my past, and our taxi :lol: took us to many exotic places to play golf but never Iceland.

May sound like a stupid question but how did you discover Bg?

7red

Yeah I'm from Iceland. We are 9 friends going together to Sunny Beach for two weeks.

There are alot of beautiful golf courses in Iceland and recently they started building a golf resort near the capital that will have a world class course and a 5 star spa hotel 8) . And also Nick Faldo is developing a world class links course that will be very exciting to see 8) .

There is a travel agency that is selling trips to Bulgaria, that's how we discovered BG

7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:23 am

Hi Swingers :lol:

So, another summer has passed us by and I was just curious if any body else managed to play golf at Sliven.

If so what was your opinion?
Your score?
Would you play again?

If you did play, but not at Sliven, tell us where and how was....

7red

7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi Swingers,

I shall be in Sliven on the 24th/25th/11/06 and if the weather holds up I shall be having a game, if you are about and you fancy a game then give me a shout.

7red

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”