Dinghy Sailing

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevek
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevek » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Just as a matter of intrest is there much Dinghy Sailing in the Northern coastal area (ie Varna northwards) and are there any sailing clubs I wonder?
Steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Abz

dinghy sailing

Postby Abz » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:17 am

You can rent dinghies at Albena beach but of course it's coming to the end of the season. Next year there should be more boats to rent and a small sailing school. There's nothing at Golden Sands.
I've been looking into sailing clubs, mostly they are places where a few people keep a few boats. The concept of a friendly sports/sailing club is very new here, the best one is in Nesebar.
However, we're trying to help promote sailing in this country. There could be a sailing club/school in Varna in the future.
I see have a house in Kranevo, so Albena is very convenient for you.
Are you in BG or UK at the moment :?:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevek
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevek » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:31 pm

Many thanks for the info Abz, were UK based and our appt in Kranevo will be a holiday appt, I think I saw the Cats on the beach at Albena but I was really looking for a club so your info about Varna is very interesting, we sail our Dinghy here in the UK (members of Poole Yacht Club) and it would be lovely to find somewhere renting out decent Sailing Dinghies for perhaps a half day, and it would be interesting to link into a local club too, I must try to find out a little more about the Varna Club. Does anyone on the site keep a boat in BG I wonder? I see there are lots of marinas being developed.
Steve.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Abz

boats

Postby Abz » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:11 pm

We've got 3 boats here, 2 sailing dinghies and a RIB, I can let you know any information on sailing clubs when I get it. If you want, PM me with your email and we can keep in touch regarding sailing.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Milka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Milka » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:57 pm

We have a 26ft MacGregor trailer-sailor that we were hoping to be able to use on the Danube. We've checked the banks from Dryahovo to Tutrakan and found nowhere with a slipway to launch it. So much water and so little recreational use of it.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:21 pm

stevek wrote:Just as a matter of intrest is there much Dinghy Sailing in the Northern coastal area (ie Varna northwards) and are there any sailing clubs I wonder?
Steve

Hi

Try www.bg-sail.org

Regards

Chippy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Abz

sailing on the Danube

Postby Abz » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:18 pm

Agree with you Milka, so much Danube but so little developed.
However, there are plans to build a marine at Silistra, I'll keep you informed of any further developments.
Tutrakan has nothing yet but they've realised it is possible to sail from there to Bucarest, in Romania......

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Milka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Milka » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:22 pm

there are plans to build a marine at Silistra, I'll keep you informed of any further developments

Thanks Abz.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Abz

boats at Silistra

Postby Abz » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi,
There are plans to build a pontoon by the Hotel Drustar in Silistra, if this is successful a marina may be developed in Silistra in the future.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:35 pm

As a newbie resident in Bulgaria I am not too sure of the full picture with regard to yachts and dinghy sailing. At the moment I have a yacht moored in the brand new marina at Svetie Vlas. Certainly it is well staffed by helpful people and would appear to have good protection from the weather,but it is rather more expensive than some of the established ones.
I am also an RYA cruising instructor so I shall be investigating the situation during this winter. I live in Vinarsko which is bear Borgas and I shall be happy to act as a sort of information gathering centre. Anyway I shall be pleased to hear from all sailors.

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”