Help info need on Fishing Bourgas area

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Help info need on Fishing Bourgas area

Postby Nessie » Thu May 10, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi me and a mate are going out to BG with the family in July.AND we are hoping to do some fishing (not sea), can anyone tell me if there is anywhere around Sunny Beach, and if you need a licence or permit ,and is their a tackle shop to buy bait and rods.

Thanks Ness

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tony

Postby Tony » Thu May 10, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi Nessie
One of the largest fishing lakes is 15 mins inland from Sunny Beach in a village called Poroi. It just one village down from us and my neighbour goes there all the time and comes out with monsters..... He asked me to go last year but I couldn't. Wished he had cus he come home with one that was easily 3ft long!!!
Drop Oldtimer OR Domino a line re the kit and permit as Im sure you need one.
There is also two cracking new reataurants in Poroi.

Tony

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu May 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi Nessie have sent you a PM Tony there is to be a large holiday complex built in Poroi glad its going to be that side of the lake and not ours. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Andy57

Postby Andy57 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:12 pm

Try this link. Carphunters is the best guide to European carp waters. Bulgaria is still an unknown quantity but info will come through in the coming years, so worth putting this site on your favourites for future reference.

http://www.carphunters.com/Ferievande/Bulgaria.htm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tony

Postby Tony » Fri May 11, 2007 8:35 am

Oltimer
Is that one as well as the one for 60+ holiday homes to be built between Galabets and Goritsa.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Fri May 11, 2007 9:16 am

Tony, this is a seperate development also another one going up by the White River Restaurant.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

fishing

Postby Nessie » Sun May 13, 2007 9:29 am

Hi can anyone tell me if you can fish the river which is on the way to Bourgas from SB.

Ness

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
grif
Super User!
Super User!

Postby grif » Sun May 13, 2007 10:23 am

Hi ness, give us a shout when your over, do quiet a bit of fishing around Bourgas.
never been asked for a permit.
But they do come round and collect 2 leva per day on curtain lakes, but not all the time.
regards

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Nessie » Sun May 13, 2007 10:55 am

Hi Grif

Not sure if PM are working sent you 2,as mine seem to be going to outbox and not sent folder ,

Im over in July with friends, me and my mate are looking to do a bit of fishing ,Can you tell me whats the fishing like ,possibly where the lakes are that you can fish for 2 leva a day what we might expect to catch ,what bait do you use and where do you get it..will be bringing small rods and some tackle with us ,.I know theres a small river just outside SB .Do you know what the fishing like on it.

Any info would be great.

Many thanks

Mark

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
grif
Super User!
Super User!

Postby grif » Sun May 13, 2007 11:12 am

Hi ya, have not fished down towards s/b, but Bourgas, which is 25 mins drive, there are many lakes,estuaries, to fish.
every one uses earth worm, carp , seems to be most pop, but have caught, trout and other fish but don't know the name in bulgarian or english.
Bought the full kit here 2 tele rods , carbon 14 foot, 2 sa/sap reels, loads of tackle, keep and landing nets etc you name it 140 leva £50.00 the lot, good little fishing shop in borge.
I Have seen some serious monsters in the lakes but cant catch them.
mind you i am not the best of fisherman, and when one has had 6 bottles of tuborg, it all goes the way of the pear, just kidding if you know what i mean.
regards

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”