Bulgaria will be world class golf destination

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

football

Postby football » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Confirming what ive been saying for years.Developing markets for the future etc etc. Golf is the biggest growing sport in the world.Bulgarian golf better be careful otherwise it will go bust.Its competitors i.e.the rest of the world,have developed much better strategies.

AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Does anyone know how Slovenia is doing marketing there golf courses??

I beleive they have 13 good courses. I am led to beleive that in the 1930's Slovenia was a top golfing destination but then the war and substituent communism got in the way.

5 years ago it was possible (politically) to drive 360 deg round the Mediterranean and i was working on starting a "round the Med Rally" - Slovenia were incredibly helpful and wanted us to add a week tour of there best courses to the schedule. They sent staggering photographs of the courses (which are on the side of mountains etc) and they looked stunning. Ive never thought of it since Israel started being nasty to the Palestinians and the trip was no longer possible.

www.google.co.uk/search-images/slovenia+golf

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:46 am

The danger that Bulgaria has is of setting the costs of a game of golf outwith the price range of the ordinary people. News reports indicate that BG Golf will bring in the wealthy people who are willing to spend vast amouts of money on the sport, but as golfers know it is the ordinary man, woman and children who play regularly that fill the courses.
Courses want a flow of people playing who will play regularly and use the facilities such as bars, resturants and golf shops. In the UK the number of pensioners like myself who enjoy the game and are members of clubs are in the thousands, but this will only be possible if concessions are available and the fees are within budget, even for children who are the life blood of clubs.

AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 pm

rubbertoe wrote:News reports indicate that BG Golf will bring in the wealthy people who are willing to spend vast amouts of money on the sport.

I totally disagree with this view (not yours rubbertoe), my Brother in Law is exactly the sort of person they imagine attracting (2 new saab's, Hilux to pull the horse box, detached house, 4 acre's of land and a handicap of 4) but he told me quite candidly he wouldn't pay to golf in BG - this is without knowing the rip off prices - as he can only get 1 ( 2 if he is really lucky ) golf holidays a year and he is going to go to the Caribbean or Florida! BG comes about 15th on his list of places and as i said thats without knowing the price - he is under the impression its dirt cheep like everything else here!!!

BG is known as a cheep holiday destination and that DOES NOT attract the well healed to pay £££££ to golf here, it puts them off!!!

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:11 pm

If anybody fancies a game of Golf on the Pirin, here's their latest promotional tournament, the price for non-members is only 60 leva:

Dear Friends, Golfers and Members,

On behalf of Pirin Golf & Country Club and the President of the Club we would like to invite you to take part in the President’s Cup golf tournament that will take place on 16.07.2011.

Special guests of the event are BG radio and top Bulgarian singers as Lubo, D2, Mastilo, Dicho, Spens

10:00 Shotgun start, snacks and drinks served on the course.
Format of the tournament: divided into 3 divisions.
Division A ( до 18.4 )- Strokeplay, Division B & C- Stableford.
18:00 Prize giving ceremony, Greek restaurant
Prizes: 1, 2 и 3 place (net ) in each division, Longest drive & Nearest to the pin. Gross prize- division A
Party after the prize giving ceremony with the Bulgarian top singers.

Entry fee: 60 BGN/ per person for non-members and guests

The team of Pirin Golf & Country Club will host the second edition of Peugeot RCZ Cup on 27 of August, 2011. The organized its first golf event during 2010.
The big prize is qualification in the International Final that will take place at Saint Cloud golf club ( Paris, France ). Hurry up and register for the tournament, the places are limited!

Please find attached detailed programs for the events. For reservations and registration you may contact: registration@piringolf.bg , + 359 885 535 506, + 359 885 681 202.

We look forward to welcoming you!

Best regards,
The team of Pirin Golf & Country Club

silky4015

Postby silky4015 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Want to play golf on your computer then PM me

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Sounds like Pirin has finally woken up to the fact that it cannot survive based on an "exclusive members only" phylosophy. This was, as predicted 3 years ago, rather inevitable.

Rather embarassing though that they have to resort to Butlins type marketing Karaoke and all :lol:

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Pirin at least is making an effort and will learn a lot from encouraging non-members to participate at a reasonable cost. It will be interesting to find out how successful this event will be...anyone interested in participating? If so feedback please.
Any info regarding a development in the Sunny Beach area?

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:19 am

rubbertoe wrote:Pirin at least is making an effort and will learn a lot from encouraging non-members to participate at a reasonable cost. It will be interesting to find out how successful this event will be...anyone interested in participating? If so feedback please.

I think its point of fact that if the prices did come down "dramatically" then more people will play, myself included.

I Live in hope (which is between knifepoint and squalor) :lol:

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:51 am

Pirin do a lot of these tournaments for members and non-members. I've been to a couple and they're well priced and well organised.
Keep an eye on the Pirin Golf Schedule page for further events:
http://www.piringolf.bg/section,golf.lg,en.page,schedule

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”