Bulgaria will be world class golf destination

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:57 am

Wow Owain. €200 annual membership Pay & Play and €25 for 18 holes, now thats much better than the €3k and €50 when it first opened....

I see it still advertises residents only, how does that fit in now if they offer Pay & Play membership ?

If they do this at Thracian Cliffs and I'm on the next flight.

Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 am

... it would be superb woud'nt it

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Pirin hasn't really been residents only since it opened. IMO Pirin is a better managed resort. During the build, the golf course was falling apart as they were using local gypsies to build it without any proffessional supervision. Apparently the Woosnam Design team stepped in and insisted they employed a Proffessional Team to build and run it.

Last year there were monthly tournaments that non-members were invited to and they've carried on with the offers this year,prices were around 25 Euro and 40 Euro if you wanted a Golf Cart Golf Cart. They also try to offer prefferential rates for accomodation there with the non-resident membership offers.
It's worth joining their 'mailing list'(theres a link top right of the web page). That way you get mailed any new offers before they are posted online and you can also register for the offer via email.

Out of all the new Golf Resorts, I think Pirin is the most non-member/resident friendly. I'm hoping the new Pravets Golf Resort will be run in a similar manner as I've heard the Management there are experienced in the Golf 'business'

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”