Air Gun Clubs/Yambol area????

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millerman

Air Gun Clubs/Yambol area????

Postby millerman » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:37 pm

Wondered if anyone knows if there is any airgun clubs or organisations in the Yambol area'
Cheers
Steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Shep
<b>British/Speciality Food Supplier</b>

Hey Up

Postby Shep » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Hiya Steve
As a dedicated air rifle shooter for years,I'm interested in what kind of thing you're looking for. Plinking, hunting,target shooting etc etc.... I used to enjoy field target shooting but also enjoyed rapid pistol shooting on steel knock down targets. Feel free to PM me with any ideas/suggestions. I'm near Sredets so not a million miles away.
A T B
Denis (Shep)
email and contact numbers on www.curryeasy.com

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:00 am

The Thrace Lions Club in Stara Zagora seems to have airgun shooting competitions so maybe they could help you?

http://lions-trakia.com/home/index.php? ... 9&Itemid=2

These dealers are in the north but might have some useful info. The muzzle velocities seem to me to be higher than in the UK.

http://www.oragie.net/air_rifles_main.htm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millerman

Postby millerman » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Thanks 4 that guys
Steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:12 pm

gimlet wrote:The muzzle velocities seem to me to be higher than in the UK.

I can't quote you the actual difference in PSI, but it is a lot higher here than in the UK. You could actually kill as opposed to maim with the difference in power.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RobF42
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby RobF42 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi Guys

I am within sensible driving distance from Yambol and would be interested in coming along if you managed to get something setup.

I did a little bit of field target shooting in the UK and do have an air rifle and an air pistol here in BG but neither are anything that special.

PLEASE let me know if you get something sorted

... Rob

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millerman

Postby millerman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi Rob
Will let u know
Steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millerman

Postby millerman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Rob
Sent you a pm about your ? of my rifle
Cheers
Steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi there. My hubby goes to the gun club/shooting range in Razdel, which is just off the Burgas road, Yambol/Elhovo area. He and his mates go there often and have a brill time. However, for some strange reason, recently the gun club have only a couple of guns at the club. So, if you want to shoot there, you have to bring your own gun. Sometimes they want to see you Bulgarian gun licence, sometimes they dont. Gawd knows why this is. But the men folk have a great day out there, competative stuff, you know the kind of things blokes do. lol. The price is not expensive either.

Its just off the Burgas road, turn off for the Malomirarovo turn off, the carry on and on and on and on...... then you come to it.

If you want someone to take you the first time, then PM me and I will pass it on to hubby and he will take you the club for the first time and introduce you. Then after that you can find it yourselves.

If you like shooting at little targets, comparing who is the best at getting all the bullseyes etc. then this is the place for you.

However, if you want the real shooting stuff, going out in the village with the hunting team who go out regularly during the winter, then ask the Mayor of your village who organises the shoots, and ask if you can go with them. At first you may only be allowed to be a beater, (for goodness sake wear a high visabillity yellow vest as they will shoot at anything). But after you have proved yourself as a good beater, they will let you join the group and shoot at everybody...... oooops sorry, I mean everyTHING.

Enjoy your shooting. I know hubby does. Him and his mates have a brill time. All boys stuff, etc etc etc. But he loves it. Enjoy.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millerman

Postby millerman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi Cameo
Thanks for that info,I might make a trip when the weather gets a little warmer as its a fair way to travel,over 70km.
Once again I thank you for your reply
Cheers
Steve

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”