Fishing Matches

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:41 am

The results and report (with piccies) can be viewed here:
http://slaphead.info/?page_id=168

Slaps :)

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Take a look at this Cat that was found dead, floating in the reeds today:
http://slaphead.info/?page_id=14

They're in there!

:twisted:

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:59 pm

ooooohhhh cat FISH. For a moment there....

varnajohn
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

fishing match

Postby varnajohn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 pm

ye thats the one that i lost on sunday did u get my float back with it

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Re: fishing match

Postby Slaphead » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:36 pm

varnajohn wrote:ye thats the one that i lost on sunday did u get my float back with it

I did John, but ...............

It niffs a bit.

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Due to popular demand, the next match will be Wednesday 18th August.
Draw 2pm, fish 3 till 7pm.

PM me or email if you're up for it.

Slaps.

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:58 am

We held a four hour flyer on Wednesday afternoon/evening.

7 anglers took part and again, you needed over 20lbs to be up there on the podium.

The weather was good, not too hot or cold with a good breeze blowing for most of the match.

Wheat and sweetcorn proved to be the method once again for all top 3 anglers and the house bank produced 2 of the top 3 places.

Vlado and myself on pegs 4 and 6 respectively with Allan (smiggy) on the wall, peg 8.

Vlado and I fished the pole at about 11 to 13 metres whilst Allan fished the waggler 'under his feet' so to speak.

Grass Carp were the main target for the house bank anglers, nice chunky fish ranging, in my case, from 0.5lb to 1.75lb (250 gr to 750 gr) with a few small Carp and Crucians thrown in. allan's catch was mainly Crucians with the odd larger Carp.

Results:

1st Paul Mansley 31lb 13oz (14.43 Kg)

2nd Allan 28lb 14oz (13.1 Kg)

3rd Vlado 22lb 1oz (10 Kg)

Allan did extremely well to achieve 2nd place, then again his weights have steadily increased over the few matches he's attended proving that you can compete against the pole with just a float rod. Well done Allan.

I have to say that the fishing here is excellent, so long as you keep it simple. There's no need for expensive baits, a bag of sweetcorn and a bait box full of wheat being all that's needed for a good day's fishing.

There are big fish in here, again biggies were hooked and lost by quite a few, if not all participants. It's only a matter of time before one is landed.

The next match will be held on Sunday 29 August. Draw 0930, fishing 11 to 4. Again, please let me know if you're attending, it makes life easier if I know how many pegs I need to contend with.

Slaps

Balchikgirl78
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

fishing sunday

Postby Balchikgirl78 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 pm

hi slaps

bad news the car has a gas leak so we are taking it to the garage saturday,to busy during week with work.if fixed mark will be fishing sunday,he will let you know saturday,i thought we were using to much gas!

all the best

bg78 lisa

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Re: fishing sunday

Postby Slaphead » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:26 pm

Balchikgirl78 wrote:hi slaps

bad news the car has a gas leak so we are taking it to the garage saturday,to busy during week with work.if fixed mark will be fishing sunday,he will let you know saturday,i thought we were using to much gas!

all the best

bg78 lisa

Ta chuck.
Bad news for Mark. He's missing some stunning fishing.
:D

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Thus far I have 7 or 8 BG participants and other than me, 1 Brit.
Is there ever a chance that someone (Brit) may one day actually let me know they're coming? It would be nice. 8O

Slaps.
:lol:

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”