sea fishing (from a boat) in varna

Discussion room for new/proposed golf courses and developments in Bulgaria…and for other related sporting activities, initiatives and chat.

Moderator: Moderator

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

sea fishing (from a boat) in varna

Postby spantrout » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi there,

have done a cursory search in the forums and found no answers, so was wondering if anyone has any up to date info.

Basically as the summer months are now hurtling towards us I'm trying to find either a) a boat to charter to fish from, or, b) as in the UK a boat which runs fishing trips and sells places.

preferrably it should work out of varna although balchik wouldn't be too much of a trek.

or, if there are enough interested members on here then maybe the 1st option may be the best.

thanks in advance

morganov
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby morganov » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:43 pm

I took my family on a chartered fishing trip out of Albena in 2009. We caught the boat on the beach near the water sports area, unfortunately we didn't catch much else. I don't think there are many fish left in the Black Sea for various reasons and the ones that are there are probably not fit for human consumption. It was a nice day out though.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:25 pm

The Black Sea does not have a lot of fish. When there was still a Bulgarian fishing fleet, they did most of their fishing in other waters.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 pm

morganov wrote:I don't think there are many fish left in the Black Sea for various reasons and the ones that are there are probably not fit for human consumption. It was a nice day out though.

I have to argue this one. There are many fish in the Black Sea and provide very good value for money. Where else in the world (apart from Japan) will you be able to catch fish with 2 heads, three tails, packed with natural minerals and metals (Lead, cadmium, zinc, arsenic) and safe enough because it is already radiated ?

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sat May 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Now come on the Danube glows at night and you might see the odd fish walking up the bank sometimes with 2 heads. Sorry are we talking about sea fishing :oops:

Return to “Golf in Bulgaria…and other sports!”