Chepelare Skiing (near to Pamporovo)

Discussion room exclusively about the ski areas and resorts in Bulgaria and related activities.

Moderator: Moderator

Carole
Super User!
Super User!

Chepelare Skiing (near to Pamporovo)

Postby Carole » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:18 pm

I am not a skier but has anybody tried Chepelare. I think the lifts are very old and basic but it is the longest ski run in Bulgaria but never seems to get mentioned

arron
Super User!
Super User!

Postby arron » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:23 pm

http://www.chepelare.com/
Spent plenty of time there but not Snowboarded yet. Will do though. There is a theory that one day it will be connected to Pamporovo. Looking at their new piste map it looks possible and there is a new cabin marked on there.

tigriff
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

ski factory at chepelare

Postby tigriff » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Has anybody visited the ski factory at chepelare and if so were the prices for skis cheaper than in UK - am undecided whether to buy skis in Uk or in Bg.

sunflower

Postby sunflower » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi Tigriff,
We havnt visited the ski factory in Chepelare,but often wodered if it would be cheaper?
Tonys brother got his from ebay,not sure what he paid but i know it was a bargain.
Also it costs about £20 (each way) for carriage with wizzair so if you dont leave them at your house you will have to pay this each time!!
i have sent you email

arron
Super User!
Super User!

Postby arron » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:05 pm

you can sometimes blag the skis on for free on the outward journey by telling them you will waiver their insurance as you will have your own. Did this myself after speaking to a guy called Chris in Poland Wizz office. He said it's free if i was ok with it.

sunflower

Postby sunflower » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks for that Aaron,might try that because we are leaving skiis at house so only neet outbound

Carole
Super User!
Super User!

Chepelare New Ski lift etc.

Postby Carole » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:31 am

Visit this site for up to date news and prices. You have to translate the page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.chepelarecenter.com

Prices of cards and lift tickets for season 2008 - 2009

25 leva 1/2 day
33 per day (22 child)

192 6 day (110 child)

Return lift ticket 17 lev. (10 child)

sunflower

Postby sunflower » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi does anyone know which side of the main road going south to pamporovo is chepelares ski centre please? been through chepelare few times on the way to pamporovo but not noticed what side of the road is the slopes,also what have been your experiences ? how challenging etc,ive looked on their website but theres no directions, thanks

The_Captain
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

ski at Chepelere

Postby The_Captain » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Ski slopes to right of main road as you go out of the town. Nice lady who speaks English in the tourist info centre to the left of main road in the centre/ shop/restaurant area. Hope this helps. Don't ask me about skiing though, I have all on staying on my feet at the best of times.

sunflower

Postby sunflower » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 am

thanks captain thats a great help! know what you mean about standing on your feet,i dont ski either but my son and husband do,but could never find the place,mind you we havnt been to bg for two years so maybe now it is better signposted ,thanks once again!

Return to “Skiing in Bulgaria”