Snow cannons working in Pamporovo

Discussion room exclusively about the ski areas and resorts in Bulgaria and related activities.

Moderator: Moderator

nickyboy

Snow cannons working in Pamporovo

Postby nickyboy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Does anyone know if the situation with the snow making cannons in Pamporovo has been resolved?

I believe last year there was a dispute with the owner of the dam who supplies the water to make the snow, so there was no cannons operating. This obviously had an impact on the poor snow conditions and short season last year.

Thanks,

Nickyboy

arron
Super User!
Super User!

Postby arron » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Short of snow? There was loads of the stuff at half term! No bare patches all when we were there. :wink:

Hopefuly the cannons should be up and running. I hear there may be a big concrete tank being built near to the wall to feed them but you know what hear say is like.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:23 am

There's a thread on this in the bulgariaski forum

jufish79

Postby jufish79 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 am

Mat wrote:There's a thread on this in the bulgariaski forum

Mat i couldn't find this thread - can you let me know where it is as i'm very interested and have heard lots of gossip on this subject but very little hard evidence.

thanks

Billy2

Postby Billy2 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:49 pm

The new snow cannons on the green run / ski out have been operating this season, and have made a difference to the runs. I dont know if they have been used to the maximum or not (Im no expert)

Hope this helps

Billy2

Postby Billy2 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:56 pm

There are new snow cannons going in again this year (I seem to remember the red runs being mentioned). I saw the cannons and the pipe works that were being installed - the same system that was installed on the green run / ski out a couple of years ago.

Hopefully the project will be at a working stage by the time the winter comes.

I also asked if there were any new runs - in short no, only linking runs. I was also told that the efforts this year were concentrating on the existing runs and the cannons to ensure they can be used for the maximum amount of time.

We will see in the winter if this works !

Return to “Skiing in Bulgaria”