Snow on the SKI SLOPES, or not?

Discussion room exclusively about the ski areas and resorts in Bulgaria and related activities.

Moderator: Moderator

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Snow on the SKI SLOPES, or not?

Postby bigbulg » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm planning to go to one (Borovets) or more of the ski resorts his winter but have found the snow reports very unreliable. Maybe people can post their own (and latest) reports here, wether they live close by or have just returned.
I look forward to any posts/replies.

ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Forget Borovets, get down to Vlas, we've mountains of the stuff 8O

Lutonian
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Lutonian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 pm

doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Postby doberden » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:08 pm

do what ardley says, i am looking out over the hills behind Laka near kableshkovo and plenty of ski opportunities, even the wind could blow you along.

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Ah ha, thanks Lutonian but this is precisley what I mean, I've checked this cam many times and may times it doesn't match with a report, there's no way of knowng if this is updated or a "still" shot. Thats why I'm asking "from someone on the ground"to update.

dwaned
<b>Furniture Sales</b>

Postby dwaned » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:33 pm

A friend of mine is in Borovets at the moment. He said there is a mix of icy patches and powdery patches but it's ok.

LUCI
Super User!
Super User!

Postby LUCI » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:35 pm

if you have a look on the discussion board of the bulgariaski website someone has been posting an almost daily report of ski and weather conditions for the last few weeks which looks useful

seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Last week just before the current snow falls started there were seven of the 14 Borovets runs open. Business seems to be very poor and 3 of us negotiated a 50% discount, without difficulty, on food and drinks in a local bar. We however were not there for skiing and have no idea what state the open runs were in. There has however been a lot of snow recently and things might well be much better now.

Billy2

Postby Billy2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 pm

The other half is in Pamps, and until last weekend the conditions were not great. Since then the temperatures have dropped, meaning that the snow cannons are able to work, and the last 2/3 nights/days it has snowed.

Conditions aren't fantastic, but the runs are being well maintained, and are reasonably covered and the other half has boarded for 2 days solid, and had plenty of fun. Only a couple of ice patches and apart from that the runs where there are cannons are holding up ok. Away from the runs - some of the little cut throughs, and the edges of the runs - aren't well covered.

Hope this helps

kevin

borovec

Postby kevin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:14 pm

The name of the daily poster on ski bulgaria is Kas, she lives in Samokov and is giving reports every day even when she is out of the country as her husband is in resort.

Kevin

Return to “Skiing in Bulgaria”