PESCOTTS butchers / shop, Yambol

If you are a My Bulgaria member and are offering goods or services in Bulgaria to other users (NOT Real Estate sales) you may announce and discuss exactly what you are offering here free of charge. This type of advert will no longer be allowed in other forum headings. Please be precise with your topic heading as that will help other members to find you! Potential users of any services advertised should take all usual precautions!!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:58 am

I am a little surprised to NOT find anyone's comments about this fine small shop/butcher in Yambol called PESCOTTS. I called in today for the very first time and was pleased to find a variety of dried foods, sauces and cheeses favoured by us Brits from Bisto to Birds Custard Powder and Fray Bentos Pies. The numerous freezers only which I poked my head in a couple had legs of New Zealand Lamb, Steak n Kidney and Chicken n Mushroom pies and it appears to be a little Aladdin's Cave. I gave up at the 60 Lev mark before the Wife bought the place plus, the Staff were having slight teething problems with the cash register and the Bulgarian Health & Safety man was checking the place for irradiation or, so it seemed. I really enjoyed my pie(s) this evening and also my tin of Ambrosia Creamed Rice.

I can survive without British Food, but when it is on your doorstep and you can buy certain things that you're used too from back home then, it is nice to know that someone is making the effort to get a useful business up and running.

Wishing Pescotts all the best for the future.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi MW

That sounds interesting as I'm visiting Yambol in a couple of weeks. Can you give me some directions? I don't know Yambol at all but the BG family I'll be staying with probably do so just a couple of landsmarks to point me in the right directio would probably do it. What are their prices like?

Joss

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Joss wrote:Hi MW

That sounds interesting as I'm visiting Yambol in a couple of weeks. Can you give me some directions? I don't know Yambol at all but the BG family I'll be staying with probably do so just a couple of landsmarks to point me in the right directio would probably do it. What are their prices like?

Joss

Buy me a leg of lamb, pet!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:06 pm

lyn wrote:
Joss wrote:Hi MW

Joss

Buy me a leg of lamb, pet!

That was the most interesting of all the goodies. NZ lamb has been well missed by me for the last 5 years!! I'm also interested in the prices.... may be worth a trip to Yambol 8O

If you can fit 2 in Joss I'll have one also :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:20 pm

Liliana, since I asked first, can I please have the bigger leg??

Joss, can you also buy me some sausages, custard powder and cheeses? If they don't have sausages, substitute Ambrosia rice. If you are paying, I would like 6 of each plus one of each for Liliana. :( I don't want any pies so she can have my share).

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:43 pm

No problem with that Lyn so long as they're the BIG NZ lamb legs I used to get from the local market in the UK...

Thanks for the pies though :lol: :lol:

Hope Joss has lots of dosh 8O

MW did you actually look at the prices? Or just man browse with man flu which, after 6 weeks I'm still suffering? :oops: :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:24 pm

No need to panic everyone....I think you'll find they deliver countrywide and have a website for orders:

http://britishfoodsbg.com/

All manner of English goodies for those of us that miss them!!! :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Ok Lyn, I'll send Rakia down with the leg of lamb, but he'll be too tired to come back so you'll have to keep him.

Liliana, if you want one I can meet you on the way back instead of on the way and bring you one.

I'm drooling about beef already...

Joss

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:47 pm

:roll: I knew it wouldn't stay secret for long!!
We have been enjoying Youngs battered fish, English white bread, rice pudding, spaghetti, lovely cheese and sweeties for a few weeks now.
Sorry forgot to mention it before :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Keegan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Keegan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi, is it near to Bre.on line?? That seems to be the area I recognise from the map.

Return to “HELPING HANDS – Goods and Services offered”