Decent clean and low cost hotel, central Sofia

Had a good or bad holiday in Bulgaria? Used a good hotel? Then let everyone know! Don't be shy, praise the good and shame the bad.

Moderator: Moderator

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Wee bit delicate query

Postby Tiarnan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi
not the sort of query I,d want to make but can anyone recommend a hotel not too far from the Crematorium in Sofia. The address I,ve been given for the crematorium is ......14 Zavodska St....right behind Ritual Hall....if anyone has any idea where that is. I need a decent place for about half a dozen people. Thanks in advance.

skaviva
<b>Language Tutor/Translations</b>

Postby skaviva » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:19 pm

max
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby max » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:47 pm

this is a great guide to enjoying the delights of Sofia, and a good section on hotels too .........

http://www.inyourpocket.com/bulgaria/city/sofia.html

stevek
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevek » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Many thanks for the info Scanniaman, I think we will be booking the Niky for our short stay in Sofia. The train journey sounds like it could be an interesting experience and its got to be worth trying if for no other reason than to see a little more of the country. If it comes off (early next year) I will of course do a little write up, unless someone beats me to it!!
Once again, many thanks,
Steve. :wink: [/url][/list][/u][/i][/b]

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Has anyone booked the Hotel Niky on line. ? I got directed to an on line multi hotel booking site in which I had,nt a clue what was going on. E mailed Niky weeks ago and got no reply....a good sign. :roll:

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Try booking through "Booking.com" instead,the rates are usually lower than booking direct with the hotel:
Here's Hotel Niky: http://www.booking.com/hotel/bg/niky.en.html?sid=8127ba5daded09e22a7096c4b7fcc76a

Also here's Hotel Niky website so you can compare prices:
http://www.hotel-niky.com/accommodation_en.html

Tavy

Niky

Postby Tavy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi

We usually book hotel Niky via e-mail office@hotel-niky.com

and get prompt replies.

Regards Tavy :P

tomo
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

hotel niky

Postby tomo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Wife and i stayed there last week for a couple of nights,great location,don,t go any further than a few streets from the hotel to eat and drink,excellent bars and restaurants on your doorstep.Hotel was clean and reception staff excellent,don,t get a room above the dining room in the morning you can hear everyone moving there chairs.You can phone the hotel direct to book and ask questions.

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks to you all. Got through by phone.....no rooms for dates we want. Own fault , should have had this done months ago. Any other suggestions for similar place nearby. Going for Bulgaria V Ireland football game so rooms may be difficult to get at this stage.

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Return to “Holidays and Hotels in Bulgaria”