Decent clean and low cost hotel, central Sofia

Had a good or bad holiday in Bulgaria? Used a good hotel? Then let everyone know! Don't be shy, praise the good and shame the bad.

Moderator: Moderator

fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Sat May 02, 2009 7:56 am

We too stayed at The restaurant- The House, quite basic but clean, plenty of towels. Good restaurant, ate outside very nice, attentive staff. My husband asked if they sold cigarettes, they did not but took the money and went off and got him some! Hows that for service.
They also gave, upon arrival a map and places to visit listing and carefully pointed me in the direction of M & S!. There is a smashing park, with large paved area, lots of seating, great for people watching, also some waterfalls but they were just being cleaned out (this was early April). In the centre of this park area was the National Palace of Culture, we did not venture in but it looked a hive of activity. Enjoy your stay.

RAMMYLAD
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby RAMMYLAD » Sat May 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks for all your replies, sounds like a descent place, not sure about the mirrors though passed that stage long ago. waking up & staring at myself 1st thing in a morning could induce a coronary.

xt600
Super User!
Super User!

Postby xt600 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:54 pm

How much do you pay for a room at the 'restaurant,the house' ? Can't find it on Hotel.com!

Keegan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Keegan » Sat May 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Sorry, it was Booking.com and I think a double with breakfast was 40 euro.

xt600
Super User!
Super User!

Postby xt600 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:46 pm

thanks keegan...still can't find it though!
I pay 40 levs/ 20 euro for a single room where i stay..rooms are fine but no kitchen/restaurant so have to find somewhere else for breakfast..

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sun May 03, 2009 7:37 am

eureka wrote:

Can anyone recommend a Good Quality Hotel for a nice pleasant evening and overnight stay, close to Sofia Airport?

We hope to arrive into Sofia Airport in next 2 or 3 weeks. It's a Saturday evening arrival, and we're back to the Airport again for a 7am Sunday morning wizzair flight to Varna.

No time for sightseeing this trip. So somewhere nice and handy that may have a restaurant for a late evening dinner, nice room, and early breakfast is all we need.

Also, we're travelling with a bit of luggage, arriving a little late, and leaving very early, so easy access, within 10 leva or so of the airport would be good

Cost is of course a factor, but more so, convenience and quality.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sun May 03, 2009 11:59 am

Try the Hotel Brod - http://www.hotelbrod.com - 60 euros for a double room, restaurant is open until 11 pm; about a 10 leva taxi ride from the airport. Also the Jasmin - has a restaurant and does airport pickups.

Chris

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun May 03, 2009 1:39 pm

Jasmin is a very nice hotel with an excellent restaurant. If you email your booking to them they will arrange to collect you from the airport.

eureka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eureka » Thu May 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks Chris and Oldtimer.

I'm checking those hotels out on the net for price and availability.

Does any know of the Holiday Inn? Has anyone stayed there recently?

It appears to be very close to the airport. It's listed as Five Star and seems to offer very good rates on some of the booking sites, (although I'm having difficulty in establishing if they then charge VAT and taxes on top of the advertised "total price").

Marfan

Postby Marfan » Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 pm

I can second that, [b]the Hotel Brod is great[/b] i have stopped there 3 times and recommend it highly
:D

Return to “Holidays and Hotels in Bulgaria”