Update on Good Varna Hotels

Had a good or bad holiday in Bulgaria? Used a good hotel? Then let everyone know! Don't be shy, praise the good and shame the bad.

Moderator: Moderator

gussington

Update on Good Varna Hotels

Postby gussington » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Just looking for a reasonable priced place to stay in Varna for one night before moving on to Veliko Turnovo. Saw this place which looks pleasant, clean and easy to find:
http://hotel-color.eu/

Anyone stay here? any opinions?
Otherwise - can anyone recommend anywhere reasonably cheap to stay in Varna - that a couple of novice travellers (with a car) will eb able to find pretty easily?

Gus

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Have,nt a clue where this is but check out the prices......seemingly its a man only hotel. :lol:

Tonyt

Postby Tonyt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi you could try the following website. www.hotelviliren.com you could say a friend of Johns (Baldur) told you. Cheers Tonyt

morganov
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby morganov » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Could try the Art Hotel on Preslav street. It's cheap, central and very nice. Staff speak good English and there is parking outside.

Loobs

Postby Loobs » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:29 pm

If you're only staying the one night, just rock up and take a look. It's not like they are full this time of year.

As the Colour Hotel does seem to be a male only establishment... :lol:

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:46 pm

If you want something cheap, clean and in the center of Varna try hotel relax we have used it a number of times when having a stopover in varna.

www.hotelrelax1.net

Paul.

oscar123

hotel in Varna

Postby oscar123 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi,
Can thouroughly reccomend hotel viliren, as in tonyt post.
We have stayed there many times, and have become good friends with Vli and Rene.
They cant do enough to help.
All their prices include pickups from airport if needed

Durak

Postby Durak » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Hotel Splendid, opposite the cathedral, then take a fresh fish meal at Nemo restaurant (150mt down the street) accom and food 60-70eur tops for two, and very pleasant indeed, done it myself many times highly recommended way to spend an evening imho.

PS: ''Chelovek'' translated as man on the hotel color website actually means person, not 'man', which would dispel the assumption that this is a man-only establishment - and anyway, given the amount of whores that ply their trade on the street, i am sure it makes absolutely no difference which way you swing in downtown Varna 8O

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm

I,m getting friggin dafter....I read "man" and thought it meant man so my assumtion is,nt really dispelled....but I,m sure if I turned up with one of the "whores" as you called them they,d let us both in. Not sure tho what Marymo would say about me visiting this "man only" place....bit of a feminist you see....I think she,d be fine about the "whore" tho. :wink: . The only swinging being done may be me.

jagman66

Postby jagman66 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi
I have booked 1 night stops in Varna many times before travelling on to house. I have used Art Hotel in Preslav street, and a bit further on turn right into Ohrid street you will find the Antik hotel, both reasonable rates, but i prefer the Antik hotel because they offer breakfast as well . when i used the Art hotel you had a voucher to take to another cafe for breakfast. Both are situated at the end of the main square past the fountain. Happy hunting!

martyn

Return to “Holidays and Hotels in Bulgaria”