When does Sunny Beach 'open'.

Had a good or bad holiday in Bulgaria? Used a good hotel? Then let everyone know! Don't be shy, praise the good and shame the bad.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickthemick

When does Sunny Beach 'open'.

Postby mickthemick » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Can anyone tell us the date when the season starts in Sunny Beach (or Golden Sands). We want to book a holiday at the start of the season before all the drunken louts arrive.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year etc etc

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Was there Nov 2010, place was a desert, not one person on the beach, weather was great. Could sit on the beach at Varna city, was few people including the fisher men.

Point is, far aware the beach is never closed.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:22 pm

13th May around 12 noon. :lol:

It seems to me that the first vendors start opening up around Easter, but the weather can still be cold and/or wet. Personally, I wouldn't risk a main holiday before mid-May, but of course, others might disagree.

Depends on how quiet you want it, i.e. deathly quiet like now (Sunny Beach), a few bars/restaurants open, but cold weather and cold sea in early spring or, warmer weather, sea warm enough to bathe from I guess, end of May early June?.

Anyway, this LOUT is staying out of both locations so I won't bother you. wink:

Roll on SUMMER.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RosieB

Re: When does Sunny Beach 'open'.

Postby RosieB » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:00 pm

mickthemick wrote:Can anyone tell us the date when the season starts in Sunny Beach (or Golden Sands). We want to book a holiday at the start of the season before all the drunken louts arrive.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year etc etc

Hi we came over this year with Balkan Holidays and had 2 weeks in Golden Sands - about the third week in May. Apparently it was the first week of their season (Balkan) - weather was good most days - hot enough to sunbathe (occasional thunderstorm) - hotel seemed full - resort seemed to be just getting going.

Hope this helps.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ardleystar
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ardleystar » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Weather in BG, like anywhere, is almost impossible to predict. Having lived in St.Vlas for seven years my only advice would be to visit Sunny Beach between July and September when all restaurants, shops and ameneties are in full swing, plus you're more or less guaranteed sunshine and warm water. May is full of Senior Germans looking for bargains so I'd suggest end of June if you want to avoid the lager louts screaming their heads off before downing the obligatory Midnight feast and then chucking a pavement pizza!
Personally I never go near SB, at any time of the year, preferring instead to stay in the more family orientated elite resort of St.Vlas, your choice Mick and Happy New Year to you too!
Last edited by ardleystar on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:52 pm

I believe the official season is May21 to September 21

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:11 pm

a week either side of CHRISF's comment and u won't be far off,

in response to MW's comments about easter, that (from my knowledge) is for Romanian tourists on a long weekend, Varna is always chokka with Romanian plated cars at this time

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:19 pm

spantrout wrote:a week either side of CHRISF's comment and u won't be far off,

We really wanted it down to the hour not week! :lol:

I'm probably thinking back to my 'early' holidays in Greece when at Easter we were wearing two pairs of socks and borrowing coats to keep warm in the evenings and that was after arriving from Moscow!

You could go to other Black Sea resorts in Bulgaria at this (Easter) time, but personally, I'd stick to Varna or Burgas themselves where at least everything (well nearly everything) works all year round.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:29 pm

varna is open for easter, not heard anything about golden sands being open at that time, i know a few ppl that work in restaurants there, and they never prepare anything before april/may, painting etc etc

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
allet
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby allet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Sunny Beach is usually quite quiet until the last week of June, and then gets quiet around the last week of August. If you want a quieter holiday, last week of May might be fine but I wouldn't recommend going earlier as even the last week of May can be touch and go for things being open and the weather.

Return to “Holidays and Hotels in Bulgaria”