happy new year

A dedicated forum for your more 'personal' announcements.
Post any new born, birthday, marriage, obituary and related messages here.
Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shadrack
Super User!
Super User!

happy new year

Postby shadrack » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi would just like to wish everyone on my bg a happy new year and hope that all your wishes for the next year come good :lol: regards rick.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:28 pm

and to you rick
and all my bg

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Happy New Year to all, I hope 2009 brings you all more than 2008 did.

Have a good night.

Pat.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
netsniper

As the year ends, a few thoughts.

Postby netsniper » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:21 pm

As the year ends, a few thoughts.

This last year has shown that we put too much trust in institutions, the failing economy has been created by the greed of the people who control most of the money in this world.

Once we bought houses to be our homes, now its for profit, the great god profit now drives us all, dont get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with making money, its just that in the scramble for profit, we all seem to have forgotten other values, friendship, family and manners. The sheer number of scams, thefts of property and acts of violence have grown enormously, respect for older people and just general good manners seem to have vanished, this paints a depressing picture for the future if this continues.

Personally I think we really need to look closely at how we perceive the world around us in respect of what we value, these days we are bombarded with adverts telling us that we need this, that or the other to make our lives complete. 99% of these objects are electrically powered, yet do we need them, for example electric toothbrushes, why not just brush a bit harder? We are constantly thrown images that encourage us to spend money on 'fashionable' items, D&G, Nike, Coke etc.

We are told they will make us look good, yet the images of looking good have been created for us, we must have the next model, the faster model, we can not be complete without making the next guy jealous or envious.... why? I have no real answers to these problems, one man can not say what you must all do to make things right, although if you believe, then perhaps one man did, 2000 years ago.

Not being a big believer in god, I can not trust to faith, I do not even trust, as some do, that every man is good deep down inside, for when it comes down to the wire, most of us will revert to our animal instincts. Man evolved from animal, the only thing dividing us from animals is our intelligence, so far we have used our intelligence to create an elite upper class that controls 95% of the wealth of this planet and weapons that could destroy it.

While 85% of the planet lives in conditions that we can not even conceive to be livable, most of the rest of us live our lives in front of a box that tells us what we should or should not be wearing, what we should or should not eat, even which charities to give to.

This new year I would ask you to think hard about your lives, think hard about how comfortable your life is compared to others around the world, and this year do something to make your life more worthwhile.
Something different, something about which you can stand up and say "I did this!" live your dreams, take a chance, change someone Else's life, but do something, dont follow the same road forever.

I believe we all have something great inside us, show us what you have in you.

Have a great new year.

Netsniper

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
indesec
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby indesec » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:47 pm

Beautiful words.

To you and the others who read this me and V will like to wish you all a happy new year.

Special Regards to everyone,

Steve and V.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trogg

Postby Trogg » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:58 pm

Happy New Year everyone hope you all have a good one.

Meryl & Bill

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eureka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eureka » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Chestita Nova Godina.

Happy New Year to everyone on MyBg.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:41 pm

Happy New Year to one and all! Ann. :smt060

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sal

Postby sal » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:45 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR ,,RICK AND EVERYONE,,,,,SAL

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:33 pm

and from us too....................Happy New Year, wherever you are!! :partyman:

Return to “Congratulations, Celebrations and Commiserations”