My First YEAR in BG

A dedicated forum for your more 'personal' announcements.
Post any new born, birthday, marriage, obituary and related messages here.
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:50 pm

scot47 wrote:Mrs MW is a Russian lady.

That is correct plus, I have nearly another 3 months under my belt now.

The only thing that I have no measure for in my short time here is the weather in so far as, spring was late and not great last year as was summer and this year is more of the same so far which folk tell me is not the norm. One local even told me that the last four years of weather have been fairly crap. :lol:

Well, if nothing else, my downhill water skiing is coming on a treat. :wink:

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Well we have been here for 4 years and the weather has been good - but hot - 2005 was a bit damp so my builders told me...but I got the garden done - planted the veg - lost the fruit - too lazy to spray..but this year has been a wet one...BUT - take advantage of it...if you want a lawn - plant now while wet and mild -- dig over any ground while damp..cos if it's hot the ground is like concrete..
So there is always something good whatever..if it's too wet to stay outside - go indoors.. Russians like to stay indoors.... :oops: :oops: even at my age.. :D :D

The_Captain
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

Re: My First YEAR in BG

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
Life is not bad at all when you're allowed to live it. :wink:

That's the important bit. Living it. You have to really WANT to live it. Or you might as well not bother. Look forward to meeting you one day MW. Chow 4 now. The Captain.

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 am

Its amazing how many posts I miss first time round, but even though I'm 3 months late, well done MW!

Good luck for the next year, hopefully less mud, ice and snow and more sun so the Niva's don't get stuck!

Cheers

BGCarl

:lol:

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Well, that's TWO years in country now except for one flying visit to Estonia and back in 3 complete days so, I enter my THIRD year tomorrow and still loving it here. Oh, and the wagon train got through and topped up my Murphy's supply so I can drink to the Irish and if that runs out, there is always the Jameson.

Note to MOD, please delete without prejudice anything I might post after 9pm tonight. :lol:

haddockman

Postby haddockman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Well done MW on your 2 years here. Many you have many more enjoyable years in Bulgaria.

As an Irishman in Bulgaria I shall be drowning the shamrock tonight. :D

Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Congrats to you Mr Wolf and your good lady Wife.

We celebrated our 3rd in February and would do the whole thing again despite the many downs we have come across.

We have followed your posts with great interest, especially your river/land reclamation antics from the local rubbish dump to a river and the jumping of forums as the Mods(who shall be obeyed) move your posts around to confuse us all.

We are also owner/drivers of that sound Ruski 4x4 and would be interested to know if you have spare handbrake lever spare, as i ripped mine out during the local MOT trying to convince the inspector that it did actually work :lol:

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Well done the MW's!

Many more to come. Confidently expecting "the chop" in the summer, so perhaps this will be the beginning of our year one.

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Villyman wrote:Congrats to you Mr Wolf and your good lady Wife.

We celebrated our 3rd in February and would do the whole thing again despite the many downs we have come across.

We have followed your posts with great interest, especially your river/land reclamation antics from the local rubbish dump to a river and the jumping of forums as the Mods(who shall be obeyed) move your posts around to confuse us all.

We are also owner/drivers of that sound Ruski 4x4 and would be interested to know if you have spare handbrake lever spare, as i ripped mine out during the local MOT trying to convince the inspector that it did actually work :lol:

Sorry, didn't see these last two posts as not only Omnipresent keeps an eye on me, but Mrs Wolf uses my Log In reads the replies so that when I come to look, the New Replies sign has GONE.

I don't carry spares for the Poor Man's Jeep, but there are Lada spares shops all over Bulgaria. I use one in Yambol and another in Burgas so there must be one near you in a large ish town, but just look for the Sailing Boat Lada sign on the Avto-Chasti shops and I'm sure they'll have it or, order it for you.

Thanks to all for the good wishes.

Return to “Congratulations, Celebrations and Commiserations”