Farewell Martin Jenkins

A dedicated forum for your more 'personal' announcements.
Post any new born, birthday, marriage, obituary and related messages here.
glenda

Farewell Martin Jenkins

Postby glenda » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:07 pm

[Band- Dando Shaft] sadly passed away in Sofia.

"Dando Shaft
It is with deep sadness I report to you all that on the afternoon May 17th. in Sofia Bulgaria, Martin left the stage. Strokes over past years had stopped him from playing, which was desperately sad. By this day his heart had enough. We have lost a great soul and one of the finest mandolin players I ever heard. Our thoughts are with Kali and his family. The funeral is Friday May 20th 1 p.m.(11 a.m. UK) In or near Varna. Rest easy Jenks, we miss you."

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 am

Vaguely remember the band, but didn't know there was a Bulgarian connection.

Deepest sympathies to all family, friends and fans.

Simonita

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 am

Isn't it June now?

glenda

Postby glenda » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:26 pm

It seems fair to assume by your question mark, you are not sure whether we are in June. We are in June, fact.

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 pm

glenda wrote:It seems fair to assume by your question mark, you are not sure whether we are in June. We are in June, fact.

I guess he was reasoning why the funeral took place in MAY and we're only hearing about the person's demise in June.

scubawitherica

Postby scubawitherica » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi
Martin Jenkins was married to Kalinka Verchuva who was a top Bulgarian Folk singer.

They met on the international music circuit when he was a jobbing musician who played a variety of instruments. He has been a member of various bands and the couple lived in Coventry for several years before moving back to Bulgaria where Kalinka started her own college of music. (think Dobrich region)
Although different music styles they recorded together.
One cd of which I have a copy was east meets west which Martin gave me when his wife visited our quiet little village of Vidno to the delight of tv crews, newspaper and music magazine reporters and including police crowd control.
(yes we had more than 4 cars and 20 carts on that day)

Very nice guy was Martin who I was honoured to meet. Deepest sympathies to Kalinka.

Erica

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 am

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
glenda wrote:It seems fair to assume by your question mark, you are not sure whether we are in June. We are in June, fact.

I guess he was reasoning why the funeral took place in MAY and we're only hearing about the person's demise in June.

Exactly. It does not matter what month it is from the point of view of offering sympathies, but the funeral was nearly 2 weeks ago but is mentioned like it is a coming event. Never mind :?

HarPe

Postby HarPe » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:55 am

Bo ...... beware the wages of pedantry!

Return to “Congratulations, Celebrations and Commiserations”