R.i.p. Amy Winehouse.

A dedicated forum for your more 'personal' announcements.
Post any new born, birthday, marriage, obituary and related messages here.
Blaiddog

Postby Blaiddog » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:48 pm

No Nothing to do with BG but still a life lost am glad I am among such perfect biengs

silky4015

Postby silky4015 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:52 pm

It is always sad when someone dies like this, but there is no one to blame but the girl herself. She chose the path she wanted to walk and the bad thing is that other young people followed her into alcohol and drugs. Therefore she was not a very good roll model to follow.

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:02 am

Well she was was booed off the stage in Belgrade and cancelled her subsequent appearance in Romania, so there is a Balkan connection.

Piaf lasted 30 years after the age of 27 but everything happens quicker these days.

I liked Winehouse. She could write and sing. It's not easy being an entertainer if you have talent. She was an artist, not a role model. Her best work will live on and, perhaps fortunately, she won't end up looking like Cliff Richard. RIP.

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:52 am

silky4015 wrote:It is always sad when someone dies like this, but there is no one to blame but the girl herself. She chose the path she wanted to walk and the bad thing is that other young people followed her into alcohol and drugs. Therefore she was not a very good roll model to follow.

Very sad news RIP Amy.

I think family,friends and management can take some of the blame for her 'path'. She was a troubled person who needed help, not condemnation. Think how stubborn you may have been in your early 20's and then throw into that equation a shed load of cash that she obviously made, and 'friends' just their for the constant parties. If you throw enough money at anyone young without guidance (though she earned it) they can easily go off the rails. Very sad news.

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:18 am

You're right booboo . Artists are often very sensitive people and don't ask to be role models . She might have died just the same without ever being famous , but I for one am glad for the songs that she gave us . Like all the others in the "27 club" she will be missed .

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:17 am

A fine, intuitive, singer and an agreeable wordsmith. Like so many great artists, a victim of her own talent and those that would take advantage of it.

Return to “Congratulations, Celebrations and Commiserations”