cheap removal company

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shirleyann88
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

cheap removal company

Postby shirleyann88 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:33 am

Anyone wanting a quote for removals contact Cumbria express transport
contact name is Mike 07706785845

This company is very good and go out of their way to help, the quote I was given was below £1000 which was very competitive compared to the other quotes I received ranging from £2000 to £3500!!

Give them a ring it might be worth your while!!

This thread and it's follow-on should be read in it's entirety BEFORE taking up this recommendation. 8O Mod 8)
Last edited by shirleyann88 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Newlady
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Newlady » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:59 am

Hi Shirleyanne

What were they moving?? i.e. how much stuff or size of truck/container?
Cheers
Sandy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shirleyann88
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

cheap removals

Postby shirleyann88 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:25 am

They move whatever you want. I have a lot of flat packed solid oak bedroom furniture which is very heavy, umpteen boxes and suitcases, I figured that sofas, fridge and freezers were better to buy there. But almost everything else is being transported over.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
annh

Postby annh » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:04 am

Hi Shirleyann,
I recognise 01228 as Carlisle area code we live in Maryport, where do you live (well at present)
Ann

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shirleyann88
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

cheap quote

Postby shirleyann88 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:34 pm

Hi,
You are right!! I am very excited about going to Bulgaria. We have bought a house in Svilengrad, near the Greek and Turkish Border. The house has 2723 sq m of land with it so we have just been buying seeds for the garden.
We fly out on 22nd April, and the house will be ready on 27th. At the moment we live in Preston, Lancashire and can't wait to move out. We are staying with my son, who has a small 2 bed house, and its like a wendy house, so tiny!!
We are also buying a bar/restaurant in Svilengrad, so I hope that we can have a thriving business and live comfortably.
Anyone coming down to that region, and we would love to see you, and if we can help anyone please get in touch.

Shirley

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Batko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Batko » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:19 am

It might be worth checking what exactly is covered in the quote. What I mean is, are they going to take care of all the customs declarations, itemised packing lists in Bulgarian etc etc? It's one thing loading up your car or ford transit with all your stuff and driving through customs yourself, but it's something completely different when a lorry load of stuff turns up at customs and none of the stuff is in the driver's name. How will he prove that they are personal effects for someone elses house? Will (hopefully) all your goods end up in a customs warehouse, somewhere in Bulgaria where you will probably have to pay a little something and collect them yourself?

Cheapest may not always be best, a more expensive quote may well cover all the customs side of things.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shirleyann88
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

cheap removals

Postby shirleyann88 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:59 am

With all due respect Batko, I have put this link on the site to help people who are in the same situation that I was in, when trying to find a quote that was'nt un-realistic for taking my goods over to BG. I have better things to do with my time than put stupid leads on here like getting a man and his van to give quotes to people!!!
This company is an international removal company, who I knwo have been in the Algarve on business this week moving a a very large load back to the UK. This in itself must tell you that the customs side of paperwork is exact as it should be, and I for one would not trust all my worldly goods with just anyone and I would not pass info to people knowing that it could be a flash in the pan company!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:45 pm

Hi Shirley ann

Living in Cumbria, I was very interested to find the details of your removal company, and I will certainly look at using them when the time comes (waiting to get our house sold at the moment). I am really envious of your impending move out to BG and would like to wish you every success with your new life and your business. I bet you can't wait - know I can't!!! Good luck. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Batko
Super User!
Super User!

Re: cheap removals

Postby Batko » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:40 pm

shirleyann88 wrote:With all due respect Batko, I have put this link on the site to help people who are in the same situation that I was in, when trying to find a quote that was'nt un-realistic for taking my goods over to BG. I have better things to do with my time than put stupid leads on here like getting a man and his van to give quotes to people!!!
This company is an international removal company, who I knwo have been in the Algarve on business this week moving a a very large load back to the UK. This in itself must tell you that the customs side of paperwork is exact as it should be, and I for one would not trust all my worldly goods with just anyone and I would not pass info to people knowing that it could be a flash in the pan company!!!

So they've told you you'll get a "door to door" service then?

The only reason I'm asking is because some people I know of used a removals company with international experience to move their worldly possesions from the Isle of Wight to Bulgaria, and when the lorry arrived at Bulgaria, all sorts of problems began, even though they had what they thought to be the correct paperwork. Bulgaria is still not in the EU, and the customs officials here are a law unto themselves!
With all due respect, maybe you could post here again, after you've used them?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shirleyann88
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

cheap removals

Postby shirleyann88 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:52 pm

I actually have the removal company here with me now, and they have talked me through what and how they do the removal. The business has been established 10 years, and I have no reason whatsoever, to doubt their credibility. the reason they do the removals at such a price, is because they move enough loads at the same time, so to fill the articulated vehicles that they use. They colour code each piece of packaging and they fill in the forms necessary with me or whoever else, and they have done removals to Bulgaria for the last twenty years, long before any of us thought it existed.
AND YES it is door to door service, as the owner of the company is taking it over, and staying in our house overnight!

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”