european breakdown cover

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
LUCI
Super User!
Super User!

european breakdown cover

Postby LUCI » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:38 am

may seem obvious but just a reminder to anyone setting off on the drive to Bg - as well as european insurance dont forget the european breakdown cover - our car broke down in Germany yesterday on the return journey and the AA have been great taking care of everything from repair of car, hotel, taxis and now re booking ferry - so its worth it!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place but does anyone in BG know if there is a company that does European Breakdown for a Bulgarian car.
I have done a search but this is the only thread that seems to mention it :D
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fizzgiguk2001
<b>Transport Services/Prop M'ment</b>

Postby fizzgiguk2001 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi,

Just to say, we have just got Uk and European Breakdown cover for our trip to Bulgaria, we have 3 months for free and after this it works out at £8.00 per month, if we want to keep the policy, we are able to cancel the policy at anytime, even in the first 3 months with no charge. All we had to do was give them our card details, there will be no charge on the card until the 1st of July. The cover is through Swinton Insurance, the European Breakdown is with Interpartner Assistance. As far as I can tell it covers you for everything the usual Breakdown Services offer, I will check the policy when it arrives in the next 7 days. Not sure if this is an ongoing offer or just for a limited time.
Worth a call I think for anyone else who will be doing the trip and has no cover yet. The only downside to this is that you have to do it over the phone, the offer is not available online.

http://www.swinton.co.uk/breakdown/ukeurorecovery/

Take a look and see what you think.

Fizz :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:06 pm

In thier policy wording, countries covered, Bulgaria and Romania are not included!
I would definately read the policy carefully.

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and dependent Islands.

Stewarty

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mike4727
<b>Property Management</b>

Postby mike4727 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:18 pm

stewarty wrote:In thier policy wording, countries covered, Bulgaria and Romania are not included!
I would definately read the policy carefully.

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and dependent Islands.

Stewarty

Actually it says " All countries belonging to the EU, including " then the list.

Mike :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Interpartner for this company appears not to cover all. http://www.breakdowndirect.co.uk/UK-Policy-Summary/

regards

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
southendshrimp
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby southendshrimp » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Out and back in 31 days thats all they cover but overall 183 days per year try saga like i do and get cover for the year we spend 5 months in bg and cancel insurance and breakdown cover when we come back

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Interpartner for this company appears not to cover all. http://www.breakdowndirect.co.uk/UK-Policy-Summary/

Out and back in 31 days thats all they cover but overall 183 days per year try saga like i do and get cover for the year we spend 5 months in bg and cancel insurance and breakdown cover when we come back

mike4747 wrote

Actually it says " All countries belonging to the EU, including " then the list.

Mike

They also DONT cover vans or vehicles over 10 years old, so Definately best to read policy documents or wording carefully!
:wink:

stewarty

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 pm

To answer the OP we are insured with Allianz in BG and have Breakdown cover via them, that covers BG and can be extended to all of Europe. We have used the Breakdown Insurance several times and found them very efficient. It helps a lot to have a GPS so that you can give the Latitude and Longitude of your vehicles position.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fizzgiguk2001
<b>Transport Services/Prop M'ment</b>

Postby fizzgiguk2001 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi all

Just a quick update on Swinton`s European breakdown cover I have now received the policy documents and can confirm that in the countries listed Bulgaria and Romania are Not there. Armed with this information I promptly telephoned the claim line stating that If I had broken down in either of these two countries would I get assistance? Of course came the reply the policy covers ALL countries in the European union which Bulgaria and Romania Now are so yes you would be covered!!! This has also been confirmed with the representative on the phone. So will be continuing with my free 3month trial of their services yeah Happy Happy ME :lol: :lol:

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”