TAKING LADA TO BG

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Griswalds

TAKING LADA TO BG

Postby Griswalds » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:27 pm

My friend said i could have his lada when he gets a new car, i would like to drive it to bulgaria the thing is it cost a lot to run being a petrol car, i know its cheap to convert it to gas in bg, does anyone know how much it would cost to convert it in the uk. thanks griswalds.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
riccos
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby riccos » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:36 am

Driving to BG before converting to gas has got to be the way to go, cheaper price of conversion in BG would easily compensate for the one off petrol bill i would have thought. I had to part with my Riva last year. :( Which model have you got?

Good luck with the trip :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
swampdonkey

conversion to LPG

Postby swampdonkey » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:44 am

I had my discovery V8(4.0l)converted to lpg last summer at a cost of £2000,but that was for a multipoint injection system and two tanks....that should give you an idea to work backwards from as youd only need a single tank and can get awat without the expence of a multipoint system if you wanted a cheaper system(not recommended here).
Should you go this route you would then need adaptors for the pump/tank connection for the countries youd visit enroute these i bought for around £10 each(two of them)www.cp-components.co.uk shows them but a site on ebay does them at a cheaper price

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:16 am

Left hand or right hand drive Lada?

Lee

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cueball

Postby cueball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:42 am

Hi Griswalds
We have been looking at new Lada in BG and they are around 2500 to buy new petrol is cheeper over there so you might be as well looking at this option. Oh and at least you know it will be a left hand drive .

Cueball

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:46 am

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cueball

Postby cueball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:48 am

Sorry 2500 pounds

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:56 am

PLEASE tell me where you can get a new lada for that amount??? I plan to buy one when we get there, but we are budgeting twice that amount.

Lee

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cueball

Postby cueball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 am

Hi There
We have been told that you can buy a new Lada at that price and plan to buy one in may when we go over the nearest Lada garage to us is Haskovo. We have a web address for Lada too it is www.elva-ink.com i hope this is some help

Cueball

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
balkankiwi
Super User!
Super User!

Postby balkankiwi » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:24 pm

cueball wrote:Hi Griswalds
We have been looking at new Lada in BG and they are around 2500 to buy new petrol is cheeper over there so you might be as well looking at this option. Oh and at least you know it will be a left hand drive .

Cueball

2,500 pounds - or around 7,000 leva? I very much doubt it. Ladas are cheap (and pretty nasty) but the "new" 110 saloon series - called the Kalina - is around 14,000 leva on the road. See this website for specs: http://www.avtoiztok.com/lada/lada110.htm Their price list is here: http://www.avtoiztok.com/pictures/price_Kalina_110.pdf

I seem to recall reading recently that it will no longer be possible to buy new Ladas in Bulgaria because they don't comply with EU build/emissions rules. But perhaps i'm wrong about that ...

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”