TAKING LADA TO BG

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fatchops

lada

Postby fatchops » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:30 pm

ebay germany has got some cheap ones on new and used looking at them last night

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
westbalkanboy
<b>Removal Services</b>

Lada

Postby westbalkanboy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:32 pm

I drove a right-hand drive Lada Niva to Bg in june last year.Conversion to lpg cost 420 leva including a 40 litre tank.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Burnsy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Burnsy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 pm

Lada lovers eh!

If you need any parts before leaving the UK try Alan Bird. He's a top fella and (I believe) the sole importer of genuine parts and cars. His delivery and service is second to none.
Oh, there's also a forum too. http://www.lada.co.uk/

I owned one for crossing the western Sahara and thought a trip across Europe to an international Lada meeting would be a good test. It was and I'd decided to abandon the Niva route. Pictures here forum.ladaklub.com/pics

Good luck with em.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Griswalds

Postby Griswalds » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:57 am

Thankyou for all your helpful info.
The Lada we are getting is a very well maintained 16 year old right hand drive saloon, 1300cc. The last owner is a pensioner who has had the car for 10 years and has had it regularly serviced. We are hoping we can drive it over there and get it registered.
Ciao for now.
The Griswalds.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:07 am

I gave up driving my beloved lada estates (boy could you get mountain of stuff in the back on them) when I found the clutch getting to hard for me to manage. I was having to hold my knee down to lock the leg if you see what I mean? But I would get one tomorrow if I could sort this out and get one with power steering! Ok I am now a wimp.

Lee

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Burnsy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Burnsy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:24 am

Lee its almost that reason I gave up. The 4x4 Niva pedals were like lorry pedals and felt like they had 2ft of ravel! Pushing the clutch in started with raising your knee up to your ear!

There were 'some' Nivas made with Peugot TDI engines and if I could get hold of one I'd adjust the pedals to my liking. Standard Niva engines are woefully underpowered IMHO.

Like you say, if they sorted some of what are standard fittings on many other marques I'd consider one.

B

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”