Scheduled Flights From The UK to Bulgaria

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Blackwell wrote:Don't think it matters where you live in the UK (or Scotland and Ireland) everyone who wants flights out here gets stuffed.
I agree, why can't the cheap carriers do 1 flight a week from a regional airport.
Found wiz most expensive for June.
Apparently Varna landing fees are extorsionit. Just looked at prices for a friend coming out and even worse now since the volcano!!!

Hi
Just booked a flight with Wizzair, Luton to Varna next month for £108.78 return. Whilst on the subject of flights, I see that British Airways are up in the sky once again and put on twice a week service from Gatwick to Varna

Talk about common sense, they can't have any because the two flights are on Tuesday's and Thursday's and most holiday lets have a change over on Saturdays, so thank you BA for the flights but not for helping towards bringing down the tourist trade, which we all know is already on it's knee's
shebry

Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Trudyw » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:56 pm

I have noticed that Austrian Air have just dropped £25 each way off their Heathrow to Varna flight, its still £700 more than we paid for the 4 of us last year. May hold off a little longer as they were so good and hate flying Balkan even if its from our local airport Manchester.

Anyone know if they keep dropping their prices or not?

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Trudyw wrote:Anyone know if they keep dropping their prices or not?

Depends on how seat sales are going. Bit of a lottery really.

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Planning on booking another flight, over again in March on Easyjet at less than eighty quid. Later in the year seen some wild high prices and no thank you, need to book now I doubt be any cheaper. :cry:

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Anni wrote:
Trudyw wrote:Anyone know if they keep dropping their prices or not?

Depends on how seat sales are going. Bit of a lottery really.

Actually things have changed to what they used to be,. In day's gone by you could probably pick up a cheap flight at the last minute. Now day's
it works the other way round. Example:- let's say there are 100 seats on a plane, from the booking point of view let's break in down to a 1/5 of the seats, ie, 20 seats at the first price advertised say £100, the next 20 seats, say £120 and so on until you book one of the last 20 seats at £200
That is why, if 4 people are on a flight from the same family and 18 of the seats have gone you will be charged the higher price for all 4 people

I enquired how this works through a member of my family who works for BA because last year I saw Wizzair flights for £129 so I thought I would wait a couple of weeks until they came down, but they didn't, I had to pay £197 and there were empty seats on the plane

I hope that information is correct and of interest

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:26 am

Would it not be wonderfull if we all had a crystal ball. Some airlines will drop there price, some dont, I think the days of hanging on have gone. My advise to anyone is if they see a flight with the price that is acceptable to them then take it.

Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Trudyw » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:17 am

The Austrian Airflights have dropped three times since the begginning of Dec,may wait another few weeks and then book. Just loved their service and the opportunity to have a few hours in Vienna on the way back last year was fab. If not it will be Balkan for us from Manchester or it is not worth the travel . Wonder if the new improved runway at Varna will attract in any new airlines

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 am

Some might find this link interesting, some not..............

http://wikitravel.org/en/Discount_airlines_in_Europe

If I owned an airline, I would want to put bums on seats as early as possible and therefore, offer the cheapest seats to those that come first. If my seats sell fast and I have a full aircraft 2 weeks before the departure date, I'd be happy. Therefore, if I only sold half of my seats, I'd punish the later buyers by putting my prices UP. Now, if I still have a few seats left or even half an aircraft empty, I would still only offer 2-3 seats at last minute discount prices as a gesture of goodwill so as not to encourage future passengers to wait until the last minute hoping to get an ultra cheap flight.

During a recession though, I might be offering very good early bird discounts to get as many confirmed bums on seats as early as possible. I probably only need half an aircraft full of passengers to make a profit or break even so why should I upset the early bookers by offering too many last minute discounted tickets or any that are ultra cheap. My ultra cheap last minute tickets are for those that travel light, those backpacker types that wait around airports simply wanting to fly somewhere cheap and not to any particular destination. Of course, as the article linked above says, there are peak and off peak times, get on my early morning or late at night flight and it'll most probably be cheaper than the midday flight. If my airline needs to stop off somewhere causing you a 6 hour flight because you have to wait a couple of hours for the connecting flight to your final destination then, I'll offer that cheaper as well so that folk don't opt for the direct and more expensive flight.

For those that are planning to fly to Bulgaria this spring/summer, shouldn't you be checking on-line now for the cheapest flights as I don't see my airline putting the prices down, only UP the closer it gets to the departure date albeit, none of us knows what is going to happen if the economy gets worse and why, I would want as many confirmed bums on seats as early as possible.

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 am

You also need to look at the fact that there are less flights this year so less seats available.

active8

summer flights

Postby active8 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi guys, i am looking at flights this summer from Glasgow and the prices seem to have went up this year. There is flights out to Bourgas from Glasgow £84 with Thomas Cook 27 July or 3 Aug but coming home is considerably more and i cannot access flight only with Balkan. Anyone any ideas?

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”