car rental

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
horses
Super User!
Super User!

car rental

Postby horses » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:30 pm

Used rentomobile last week very good no problems will use again

horses :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
keninski
Super User!
Super User!

Postby keninski » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:51 pm

hi horses,how much was the car and were did you pick it up from,also what make and duration hired for etc,would appreciate this info as im trying to get out there now and need a car too,many thanks,Keninski

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
horses
Super User!
Super User!

Postby horses » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:06 pm

Collected at Varna Airport 1 week £130 Mazda we asked if he did Bourgas he said yes we will use again in September very happy with them

Horses :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
topaz2
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

car hire

Postby topaz2 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:14 pm

i have just booked a car for april with a company called DIMEX in bulgaria. we need the car for 18 days, collection at airport total is 260 euro and you have to leave 100 euro deposit in pounds to hire its about 167.00 for 18 days. for a corsa 1.4 check the site out

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ashlite

Postby ashlite » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:51 pm

bulgariacarrent are quite good also, prices 24e a day for megan wagon, brand new, all over bg

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
salukie
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

car hire

Postby salukie » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi Topaz,
Could you post the website for Dimex, cant work these things out myself!

Thanks salukie :P

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Muckie
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Car Rental

Postby Muckie » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:18 pm

Hi Salukie
"www.rentdimexcar.com".
Hope this helps.

Muckie

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cannylad

Postby cannylad » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:27 pm

We have also recently booked hire car with Dimex for March/April, reasonable tariff and they will deliver to hotel

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
keninski
Super User!
Super User!

Postby keninski » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Thanks for the info Horses,one more thing do you have the website,once again cheers

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
charlieg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby charlieg » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:18 pm

Used Drenikov last year, never again.
1st car: we picked car up at sofia airport, Danny Drenikov warned us about the car having a starting problem "keep your foot down on the pedal when starting she said" Left sofia about 02:00hrs after visiting friends. and started are journey to Rousse. About 03:30hrs the car engine stopped running, we tried to start the car but it wouldn't start. Rang Drenikov up told them we where on the main road to Rousse, broke down on a dangerous bend 1.5hrs from Sofia. we are coming they said do not leave the vehicle. They arrived at 10:30hrs with a Rover car as a replacement.

2nd car: drove to Karan Varbrovka stayed in a friends house and caught up on our sleep. following day drove to Rousse did a bit of shopping and started our journey to Sunny Beach. No problem. Two nights later driving to the shop on the main drag. I pulled up at the lights with a police car behind me, lights changed to green went to drive off nothing happened. Police car flashing it lights sounded its siren, one of the officers got out of the car and pushed me around the corner.
Rang Drenikov up, we will be there in the morning at 09:00hrs. they turned up 10;30hrs. with another replacement car.
3rd Car:
Astra drove well. Dropped our lass of at sofia, and drove back to sunny beach. drove the car for about 2 weeks. on my return journey to Sofia.the engine started to over heat.checked water oil etc. but still getting hot. thought it seized at one point as i was stuck in traffic in sofia. I got to Hotel Expo and rang Drenikov. They came and we had a bit of a heated argument. she brought her minder with her.
The argument was about charges for the Rover 180Euro, she said that i had been in a collision and there was damage to the suspension. the car also needed 2 new front wheels. And a drive shaft because we had been speeding with the car. I told her that we did not have a collision did not speed and when the rover broke down we had the police help us push the car around the corner. As far as i am concerned i would never use Drenikov again. The cars that they gave us where all over 10yrs old.
We got 20euro change out of 200euro deposit.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”