car rental

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
daughtz

Postby daughtz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi charlieg, Sorry to hear of your troubles with Drenikov, Last May & June our usual car hire company was fully booked and we used Drenikov, The car we hired was probably 10 yrs old but at only 19 euros a day we were very happy. chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:12 pm

Hi all

Charlieg that sounds like a bit of a nightmare, would not fancy that at all.

It's funny that nobody on this thread has mentioned rent a car varna who have an add on this forum. I have always used them and found them to be very satifactory.

Cars are always nice and clean, fairly new and have all the bits and bobs that are required under Bg law.

Not the cheapest but not expensive.

See you all in the summer.

Cheers Fred

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Griswalds

Postby Griswalds » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:20 pm

Sikon, are a very good company they have an office in sofia & varna they will bring car's to bourgas.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oddball
Super User!
Super User!

Postby oddball » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:29 pm

Hi Guys

I have booked us a car with Economy Car Rental in Burgas. Any one used them before??.

I am a little put out as they gave me a price, I accepted it and expected to pay whole amount in full but they only took a deposit - plus charge for using credit card. :twisted: If I had know that I would have used debit card and saved myself a few pounds :x Now I will have to bring the additional monies with me or the credit card. :evil: :( I hate carrying large amounts of money or even cards around. Would have preferred for them to take all at once and have done with it - still can't have everything eh!!

Oddy :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

TS TRAVEL CAR HIRE

Postby satellitemark » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi all

I have used TS TRAVEL who have offices in sunny beach & bourgas for many years now , i have never had a problem with them ! they have very nice recent cars at a competitive price , many others on the site use them too ! The most important thing to me is reliability & this where they score big ! both the cars & the service / people are spot on !

their details are

tap://www.tstravel.net

info@tstravel.net

nik's mob 00359(0)888622658

bourgas office 00359(0)56845060

Regards

Mark 8)
Last edited by satellitemark on Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:56 am

I used www.bulgariacarrent.com last week. Excellent price and excellent service. You don't choose the model, you choose the type of car that you want, eg mid-sized, full-sized, 4WD etc. I only needed a runaround so I chose the 'unspecified' option. I ended up with a very nice late model Corsa saloon, delivered to Varna airport. 105 Euros for one week. That's half the price Horses paid!

You can book it all online which is a boon. In addition, for a small extra charge they will deliver and collect from Bucharest, which means that next time I'm going to take adavantage of Easyjet's cheap flights from Luton, so Bulgariacarrent.com really will save me a wedge!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tarw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Tarw » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:15 am

Have used Sikon for three years now, cars are not new but reliable and good service provided by Yasen and his staff. We booked our three trips this summer in Feb. :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
districtnurse

Postby districtnurse » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:58 am

Hi -

We also used Bulgariacarrent.com last week - excellent, I've got to say, and very relaxed about the whole thing. We had discount through the privelege card, and it cost about £10 a day for 10 days for a nice newish clio saloon (which is roomier than it sounds). It's the 3rd company we've used - they've all been fine, but these were most certainly the cheapest.

Districtnurse.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Scooby
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Scooby » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:13 pm

We also use Sikon and highly recommend Yasen and his staff.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
FISHFISH

Postby FISHFISH » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:36 pm

AJ113, how long is the drive from Bucharest to Albena, do you know :?:

What does this rental company charge for this :?: Is there a possibility their driver will wait and do the drive back to Bulgaria, as surely this will help him get back and you get the added advantage of having somebody drive, that knows the way :!:

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”