car rental

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mike4727
<b>Property Management</b>

Postby mike4727 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:39 am

I have sung the praises of Rudi-Kar in Varna before on this forum but just want to say that this small outfit run personally by the owners, Ilian & Hristina, just goes on getting better every year. They have now expanded their fleet to include mini-bus and 4x4 and nothing is too much in the way of personal service. Waiting for long delayed BA flight at airport and meeting me to collect the car at 3am all at no extra charges. They have just published their web page with full details, give them a try

varna-rentacar.com

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:45 am

Thanks mike

How new are the vehicles?

Chippy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mike4727

Postby mike4727 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:04 am

Hi Chippy,

they range from the Citroen BX about 10 years old, runs and drives well though, to the Lancia, Fiat & 4x4 all being around five years old and in very good condition, prices vary accordingly. I have used Ilian myself and for my clients for three years now and get only good reports back from others who use him. well recommended.

Mike

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

BEWARE OF BOOKING AGENCIES FOR CAR RENTAL

Postby satellitemark » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:56 am

Hi all,

I've returned from bulgaria this morning & have a bit of info to add, I met a british couple & was chatting in a bar , the conversation came round to car rental & the couple were feeling ripped off ! they did a google search & found a company quoting less than the rest, so they booked with them (the company they booked with turned out to be a booking agency) the guy who arrived at the airport with the car the sprung a host of extra charges on them such as out of hours pick up , a extra damage waver premium & some other charge that i couldn't get to the bottom of !, they were left with a choice of paying up or being stranded & facing a battle to reclaim the fee they had already paid via debit card. they ended paying more than they would have done if they had used one of the companys named in this thread. so as the old saying goes if it seems to be to good to be true then it probably is !

I as usual had a car from

www.tsravel.net

it was a two week old fiesta & there were no nasty suprises ! 8) Even though i arrived at the airport at 5am & left this morning at 4 am everything was upfront in the quote i received before booking , i even got a discount as a returning customer. I feel that when you consider how a problem can screw up your trip, i prefer to deal with a company that i can depend on, rather than chase around trying to save £20 over a two week period with some anonymous fly by nights .

Regards,

Mark 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:47 pm

mike4727 wrote:Hi Chippy,

they range from the Citroen BX about 10 years old, runs and drives well though, to the Lancia, Fiat & 4x4 all being around five years old and in very good condition, prices vary accordingly. I have used Ilian myself and for my clients for three years now and get only good reports back from others who use him. well recommended.

Mike

Cheers Mike.

I think with car rental people tend to find one which they are happy with and reliable and stick to it - I have been using the same company for the past few years and they have never let me down.

Chippy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ellsbells
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby ellsbells » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:48 pm

We ALWAYS use tstravel...... never been let down and great service

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:49 pm

A good example to prove my point.

Chippy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:18 pm

mike4727 wrote:I have sung the praises of Rudi-Kar in Varna before on this forum but just want to say that this small outfit run personally by the owners, Ilian & Hristina, just goes on getting better every year. They have now expanded their fleet to include mini-bus and 4x4 and nothing is too much in the way of personal service. Waiting for long delayed BA flight at airport and meeting me to collect the car at 3am all at no extra charges. They have just published their web page with full details, give them a try

varna-rentacar.com
........so who is Mike Malone, Mike?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mike4727

Postby mike4727 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Mike Malone is Mike Malone - what's your point AJ ? There is no mystery here pal, just an honest recommendation for a good service received over the last three years, I have offered myself up as UK contact for those not wishing to contact Rudi-Kar in BG - I will continue to place my well founded recommendations here if that is OK by you guys - it only went quiet Chippy because I have a life and have only just got back home - I'm one of the lucky ones :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:00 pm

Your criticism is pointed at the wrong bloke I am afraid... check the thread.

My life is just greeat thanks :lol:

Chippy

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”