BULGARIAN ROAD TAX / VIGNETTE

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi mosstod, if you read the recent posts you will see many have now purchased their 2010 vignettes, and on the previous page we gave a link to all the places they are available! :wink:

8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mosstod
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mosstod » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks mod sorry my brain frozen up 2day looked at the dates peeps joined and not at posting date not hope is there ha ha

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
thedichingang

beware!

Postby thedichingang » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

just been talking to a guy from a few villages from me, his story:-
2010 vignette bought yesterday 67leva placed incorrectly on left side of screen stopped by police outside VT (ruse road) and warned to purchase a new 2010vignette as current one illegally positioned!
ok the instructions are on the reverse of the vignette but why the heavy advice/instruction. he is wondering if anyone else has ever done this basic error.
( i for one admit to it 2 years ago and never had a problem when stopped)

does he really have to buy a second vignette?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:27 am

Hi,

Weird innit!!

I called into my corner shop garage and I swear that an asian looking chap/es, (can't be certain these days) asked if if I would like salt with my vingette :lol:

7red

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:32 am

All of last year, and we were stopped by police a few times, the Vingette was on the wrong side, the insurance was on the right side, this years Vingette will keep it company on the correct side. Perhaps we were lucky or was it that all the police that stopped us couldnt speak english to explain.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
iik67
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby iik67 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 am

I looked at the list mentioned before. What are the numbers in front of the placies? Anyone bought the sticker in Pleven? This is getting very mystic.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Draganovo
<b>Removal Services</b>

Postby Draganovo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:23 am

If you have a vignette on the wrong side...
remove carefully with a razor blade and re-apply....simple
Thats what they did when i had to renew my windscreen in the summer...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rodz
Super User!
Super User!

bulgarian road tax Vignette

Postby rodz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:07 am

It is also UK law pertaining to the side of the car the road tax goes on. In UK it must go on the Left. I was stopped by the police in England some years ago driving a left hand drive car and had the Tax on the right and was informed POLITELY that it was on the wrong side. Its placed on the side nearest the road so that the police know where to look when your driving past apparently. So in Bulgaria it would be on the right

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
murroes

Postby murroes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm

From the Sofia Echo.

As of January 27 2010, Bulgarian road tax vignettes can be bought online from www.vinetka.com.

The site, available in Bulgarian and English, is set up by the Vignette Sticker Distribution consortium.

The vignettes are sold with a validity ranging from one day to one year. Payment of orders can be done via credit card or bank transfer.

Delivery of ordered vignettes, within Bulgaria, is done by courier service and costs six leva. Vignettes are delivered within Sofia the next working day; for the rest of the country delivery time is up to three working days.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Fluffles

vignette purchase on line

Postby Fluffles » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:49 pm

I have just looked at this site and the idea is excellent, the English is pretty good and easy to follow ... it says you can pay by credit card or bank transfer so I thought good idea I'll do it now and then it's done and I don't have to worry about swanning around in the car without a vignette because I forgot to get one.. BUT .unfortunately when I tried to purchase a vignette it seems that as I only have a good old Visa debit/credit card I can't buy a vignette online 'cos they only do Bulgarian cards ...GGRRR!!

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”