BULGARIAN ROAD TAX / VIGNETTE

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 am

Just to add a bit more confusion to this thread i heard yesterday that as from Monday Vignettes will be sold in Post Offices across the country....bit late for the deadline eh??? Anyone else heard this news?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 am

Living in Bulgaria, you can (and often do) ask what, where, who, which, and when. But if you start asking why, that is the beginning of the path to madness!

But as our BG teachers said, Why on earth are you worrying about getting a vignette? It is not even the end of January yet! :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Bulgarian road tax

Postby theweeton » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 am

rodz wrote:All I ask is WHY.

Its a money thing for reasons not known to us the postoffice did not find the new distribution contract profitable enough to bother and held out for better terms which to my knowledge have not been forthcoming.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Yes, apparently the post office were asking too much so didn't get the contract.

You can actually buy them online; go to:

www.vinetka.com

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:01 pm

So to summarise then, you can't get your vinetka at the post office. Instead you order it online, they post it, and you pick it up at the post office.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Simonita wrote:So to summarise then, you can't get your vinetka at the post office. Instead you order it online, they post it, and you pick it up at the post office.

Surely it's '...you order it online, they post it, and you have it delivered by courier direct to your address'???

8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm

"Your address" tends to mean the post office in the villages :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:38 pm

If it's delivered by courier then it SHOULD arrive at your house, not the post office.

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Fluffles

Postby Fluffles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 pm

As I said in an earlier post I tried to pay online for an annul vignette only for the purchase to fail because I have a Visa debit/credit card, and because it wasn't accepted I contacted the customer services dept' of the company who were accepting payment on behalf of Vinetka explaining that there are many many, many people who would use this service but unfortunately we don't all have a BG credit cards!! and below is a copy of their reply! remember you can only pay via money transfer or with a Bulgarian credit card!!
Given that Visa is so widely accepted the world over I'd have thought that it would be accepted without question!

Dear client,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
We would like to inform you that eBG.bg allows payments with all kind of bank cards with 3D-Secure but not all of our merchants accept such payments.

We suggest you to contact vinetka.com about your issue.

Kind regards,

The eBG.bg Support Team

support@eBG.bg

Tel: +359 2 971 99 49

Fax: +359 2 971 99 44

www.eBG.bg

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
iik67
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby iik67 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Just to let to know. Bought my vinetka sticker today from Eko petrol station in Pleven. The one near Kaufland, at the end of the city on the road to Lovech. They didnt speak English but I was understood well and the service was good. The vinetka prices were clearly marked at the window. They only wanted my name written in Bulgarian as they didnt understand my Western documents :wink:

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”