BULGARIAN ROAD TAX / VIGNETTE

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:26 pm

wandy wrote:Taken from Sofia morning News. 16 Dec 2010
BULGARIAN TOLL STICKERS FOR 2011 ON SALE

Bulgaria's annual vignettes (toll stickers) are available for buying in 3300 places in the country starting Wednesday.

The stickers can be bought in the Petrol, Lukoil, Shell, OMV, ECO Bulgaria, Litex, Rompetrol, in the Piccadilly stores, in Easypay's offices and 1870 Bulgarian Posts' stations, as well as on the www.vinetka.com website.

Went to the Shell garage in Dobrich today for the above and was met with a NE!! No reason given just a couldn't be bothered look. Obviously their boss hasn't pensilled in a Christmas Bonus for them this year.

Went to OMV by the Bus Station and got it sorted there. Very pleasant staff and couldn't be more helpful. Now we remember why we don't fill up at Shell!!.

They asked for Registration Number of car and owners name, so you may want to take your car registration card with you. You also have to put your Reg No on the Vignette.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:45 pm

How do you write it on the vignette? Before or after peeling back the plastic?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:58 pm

We bought our vignette at the local post office. The postmistress just wrote the number plate onto a little sticker and stuck it onto the back. It is totally peel-offable and could easily be substituted with another sticker with a different number plate on it. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
skaviva
<b>Language Tutor/Translations</b>

Postby skaviva » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 pm

haddockman wrote:How do you write it on the vignette? Before or after peeling back the plastic?

After - in the rectangular silver bit, in pen.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:00 am

lyn wrote:We bought our vignette at the local post office. The postmistress just wrote the number plate onto a little sticker and stuck it onto the back. It is totally peel-offable and could easily be substituted with another sticker with a different number plate on it. :lol:

I am not saying you would do such a thing Lyn by any means, but some Brits will share the sticker between cars and then will STILL moan about the state of this road or that road. Some people are never happy, road tax in the UK is what? £300 £400 now? maybe more. Here it's less than £30 (yes I know there is an eco tax - but that is kind of offset with the fuel being slightly cheaper) and still scum will cheat the system.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scotcouple
<b>Property Management/Sales</b>

Postby scotcouple » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:29 am

We have just bought one from the Shell Garage at Boyanovo junction, The lady wrote our car Registration on the vignette and also in a duplicate book of which she kept a copy.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:33 am

booboo wrote:
lyn wrote:We bought our vignette at the local post office. The postmistress just wrote the number plate onto a little sticker and stuck it onto the back. It is totally peel-offable and could easily be substituted with another sticker with a different number plate on it. :lol:

I am not saying you would do such a thing Lyn by any means, but some Brits will share the sticker between cars and then will STILL moan about the state of this road or that road. Some people are never happy, road tax in the UK is what? £300 £400 now? maybe more. Here it's less than £30 (yes I know there is an eco tax - but that is kind of offset with the fuel being slightly cheaper) and still scum will cheat the system.

We've only got one car, Booboo, so it's not an option!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
skaviva
<b>Language Tutor/Translations</b>

Postby skaviva » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:16 pm

scotcouple wrote:We have just bought one from the Shell Garage at Boyanovo junction, The lady wrote our car Registration on the vignette and also in a duplicate book of which she kept a copy.

Remember that this year's road sticker is valid UNTIL the end of JANUARY 2011.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Where did you hear that?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rodz
Super User!
Super User!

bulgarian roadtax

Postby rodz » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:02 pm

I can confirm you do not need to renew your vignette till the end of January. I went to renew mine just before xmas and was told this and it was cofirmed by my friend the local publican

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”