BULGARIAN ROAD TAX / VIGNETTE

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:15 pm

Ah well. My 2011 vignette is already being proudly displayed on my windscreen.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Seeing as how yearly vignettes expire on Dec 31st it matters not when you buy it! 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scotcouple
<b>Property Management/Sales</b>

Postby scotcouple » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:19 pm

For all it costs it just not worth the risk no-one actually definately knows the status of the vignettes do they ?
So as the saying goes better safe than sorry
Happy New Year to everyone xx

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
skaviva
<b>Language Tutor/Translations</b>

Postby skaviva » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:26 pm

haddockman wrote:Ah well. My 2011 vignette is already being proudly displayed on my windscreen.

So is mine. Last year the road sticker was valid until the end of December, that's why I bought this one in advance. Ah well, one bill less at the end of January.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:36 am

From what I can remember, we had till the end of January to renew the vignette last year, due to the powers that be, not being able to decide who would sell them. Up to then you could get them from the post office, but they changed that and said we sould buy from Garages. Then we did not know what garages, I know Weefrankie bought hers from Piccadilly. I got mine Saturday from the LUK garage. Wonderful value at 67 lev. for a years road tax.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:13 pm

What happens now if you move to a different province and get your plates changed? Do you now need to buy a new vignette as the reg number will now not match on your vignette? Is there any mechanism to get the reg changed on the vignette?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Seathrift said…
Seeing as how yearly vignettes expire on Dec 31st it matters not when you buy it!

Well, our post office has a notice up that says that they (2011’s vignettes) expire on 31st January 2012 as does the strip below the actual peel-off vignette.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:36 am

When my favorite traffic cop stopped me to wish me happy new year he noticed my new 2011 vignette stuck on my windscreen. He then gave me a telling off for removing the old one before the 31 jan 2011 saying it should remain on display as the new one is not valid yet.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Quite so B52 but my point was that they all expire on the same date so when you buy it does not affect how much you pay overall.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Norman-D-Beeches
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Norman-D-Beeches » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:28 pm

i don't know if anyone else is aware of this, since i was told, by a bulgarian friend, that he saw it on the telly, yesterday. not only should we all be sporting our new vignettes, old vignettes MUST be removed from the windscreen. failure to do so may result in a 100 leva fine. i don't know if that's 100 leva per vignette, but if it is, i could cop for a 500 leva fine.

they've been left on there, because it's a nightmare to remove them. easier to get a new windscreen fitted, i thought, until i heard on here that a hairdryer is the way to do it. good job i keep one handy in the car.

norman D. :cry:

PS. i think, maybe, that this requirement has always been there, but possibly they've just noticed an untapped revenue source, and will be enforcing it.
Last edited by Norman-D-Beeches on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”