BULGARIAN ROAD TAX / VIGNETTE

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 pm

haddockman wrote:What happens now if you move to a different province and get your plates changed? Do you now need to buy a new vignette as the reg number will now not match on your vignette? Is there any mechanism to get the reg changed on the vignette?

Just wondering has anyone found an answer to the above question?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:00 pm

haddockman wrote:
haddockman wrote:What happens now if you move to a different province and get your plates changed? Do you now need to buy a new vignette as the reg number will now not match on your vignette? Is there any mechanism to get the reg changed on the vignette?

Just wondering has anyone found an answer to the above question?

Since when ha it been linked to the car Reg ? Last one I bought was over the counter at the local filling station, cash = vignette.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Since this year all vignettes have to have the reg number written on them.

So if you move to a different province you will have problems when you get your new plates from KAT.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:23 pm

haddockman wrote:Since this year all vignettes have to have the reg number written on them.

So if you move to a different province you will have problems when you get your new plates from KAT.

If you have a broken windscreen or other disaster,or change plates KAT will issue a new one free of charge upon request after proof of invalidity of the original.

Mick

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Where does it say that?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mosstod
Super User!
Super User!

vignette

Postby mosstod » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

I am confused you buy yr vignette from post office peel of outer covering who puts reg on it, post office cant we cant we will be accused of defacing it.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Re: vignette

Postby doberden » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:06 pm

mosstod wrote:I am confused you buy yr vignette from post office peel of outer covering who puts reg on it, post office cant we cant we will be accused of defacing it.

you have to write your reg number on the top in the space that says it.

Its also on your receipt, when you buy it they want the reg number, some maybe a little lazy with this part when selling you one, my local post office was not and demanded the reg number. She said keep the receipt just incase.

Dunno about removing the old one though, so i best go and do it with me trusty razor blade!!!! 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:07 pm

You are required to write the plate number in the space provided before attaching it to the windscreen.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mosstod
Super User!
Super User!

vignette

Postby mosstod » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:13 pm

thanks for that the vignette now on screen and who tells you about this not the post office they didnt tell me, if i hadnt seen it on here I wouldnt have a clue. kath

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tamarisk

Postby tamarisk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:28 pm

When I was reading this thread, I found myself agreeing with brianj42, go into filling station, hand over 67 leva and get vignette because that is what happened to us (not asked for registration number), though I do know that Picadilly have always taken the registration number for their own records.
I also thought haddockman was totally wrong, for which I now apologise.
What I did notice when I bought it was that it is larger than previous years.
I have just looked at ours and at the top is a space and underneath that space it says 'Area for registration number'.
Too late for us as it is already stuck on the windscreen.
Wonder how many other people have done this without looking as this is the first year it has been like this?

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”