Easyjet discussion thread!

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

geocyd

Sofia to Glasgow

Postby geocyd » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:48 am

Hi Lyn,

Easyjet as a low cost airline book each part of the trip as if it was the only one, you Must collect luggage and exit arrivals lounge and then re-enter again via departure lounge. We have done this many times at Gatwick as we used Easyjet frequently when travelling from Portugal to Bulgaria, and always via Gatwick.

dylan

taking a case that is not prebooked

Postby dylan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:10 pm

If you have booked a return trip with easyjet with hand luggage only can you just turn up at Sofia for the return leg with a suitcase to go in the hold? I know there is a easyjet desk and maybe you can pay for it there and has anyone done this and for how much? dylan

Chopwood

Postby Chopwood » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Dylan, I did the same earlier this year on a flight from UK, at the airport it was £18.00 for 1 suitcase, under 15kg, but if you do it on line, before your flight, was told at check in, you get 50% off, hope this helps.
Steve

RICO
Super User!
Super User!

easyjet thread

Postby RICO » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:38 pm

if it is 18 pounds for 15klg one way,you may as well book for a suitcase both ways online and get a 20klg allowance.

xt600
Super User!
Super User!

Postby xt600 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:56 pm

If you go online, and register with Easyjet with your booking reference, you may then add a hold bag (20kgs) for £9.00 each way... online. Simples :-)
If you have already used the 'outward journey' you can still do the same and pay £9.00 for the journey home. Last time I did this, their system didn't even charge me extra for using my Amex card ;-)

bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

nectar points

Postby bagpuss » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Howdy Folks,

Just been informed Easyjet will shortly be included in the nectar points programme starting around 22 March.

Regards
B.

1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:03 am

When I flew from Sofia last month with easyjet the speedy boarders were boarded before the squeezy boarders. First time I have known this to happen. Gatwick was a different matter as speedys and squeezys had the usual race for seats.

MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:08 am

Easyjet, and the other low cost airlines are permitted( and actively encourage)
selling up to 60% of seats with the priority boarding surcharge..
We ,when necessary, use scheduled airlines(usually thro Germany).they very often have excellent offers. no hassle,generous luggage included, punctual and courteous. And sometimes less costly!
Of course for a short (timewise), or urgent trip, with little or no baggage, the cheapos are ok, but not for me if i can afford the alternative!

regards

Inge

Postby Inge » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:06 am

I have always found BA one of the best airlines to fly with desite their problems over the past few years. The seats are comfortable, the staff polite and the food edible. As for the price, after taking into account all the surcharges for baggage, seat allocation etc which the so-called budget airlines charge, there is very little difference in price between BA and Easyjet for example - and you get a more comfortable flight - and can make alterations with at most a small admin fee to pay.

Charliechech
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Charliechech » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:06 am

Hi all

I have not flown for 1 1/2 years and I am trying to find out some up to date info about hand luggage (I checked previous posts from most recent to Feb 09 but no answer).

I have researched, asked friends, family etc and still I am getting conflicting info.

Can you put hairdryers and straightners in your hand luggage?? I know you can take laptops, but I can't get a 100% answer!! My cousins wife is an air stewardess and she says yes, BUT a friend flew a few weeks ago and was told to put hers in her hold baggage!!!

Has anyone recently flown with Easyjet and put these items in their hand luggage?? I am almost overweight with hold baggage, this is why I need to know.

Thanks all :)

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”