Importing a car

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Its a well known fact that different KAT's have different standards but 50nb for a notary is a bit much anywhere in Bulgaria.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 pm

50 nb is the standard fee for a car sale document in every notary in Vidin.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:14 am

Surely the notary fee should depend on the sale price of the car, just as it does for houses?

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:53 am

Think it depends more on the notary you use, my zaferia cost me 7nb for two documents 3nb for the guy to put the veh through KAT and 4 nb for the transfer of ownership. You will proberbly find in your area, if you look round enough there is at lest one notary who main source if income is car transfers and he churns them out for peanuts.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:40 am

ChrisF wrote:Surely the notary fee should depend on the sale price of the car, just as it does for houses?

Chris

TAX depends on the price of the vehicle, but Notary fees are usually standard or, 'negotiable'. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BigD

Vehicle registration without engine number

Postby BigD » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:42 pm

A question (or two) for you armchair experts! I have a LHD car in Uk to bring to Bulgaria later. It has RHD headlights but are KAT likely to notice? Secondly, The V5 has no record of the engine number, just states 'not known' alongside Engine Number on the form. Any ideas on how KAT might view that as all they seem to check are the engine and chassis numbers against those on the V5?
D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:57 pm

They spent a good 20 minutes trying to find my engine number the other day in Vidin. They do seem to be very officious in such matters. I would say a Bulgarian speaker would be needed to sort matters out if they got shirty.

Well they spotted straight away that I had RHD headlights and made me change them. There is a code on the lights that they look for which was pointed out to me.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jadamwilliams
<b>Transport Services/Translations</b>

Re: Vehicle registration without engine number

Postby jadamwilliams » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:24 pm

BigD wrote: Secondly, The V5 has no record of the engine number, just states 'not known' alongside Engine Number on the form. Any ideas on how KAT might view that as all they seem to check are the engine and chassis numbers against those on the V5?
D

[-X reckon is quite likely you will get this response.... might be wrong and again probably depends which KAT office you are in - if possible might be a good idea to take the V5 along and ask before you bring it - or send a copy of it to someone to go and ask ... let us know how you get on and report back to those of us in armchairs :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:08 pm

At the Varna KAT there is a (private) booth where you can get an official(ly recognised) printout of your vehicle details which you can then provide at registration. I don't know what the appropriate term is for the document or the office but they are off-site as well. They charged us 20 leva but the cost may vary.

In our case, we had to get one as an eagle-eyed police officer noticed, during the inspection, that what had been put on the form by the registrar was incorrect. Our protestations that it was their fault the details were wrong fell on deaf ears (an officer said "If you don't like it, go home" and we don't think he meant to our village in Bulgaria) as they pointed out that the person registering is responsible for the accuracy of the form so we had to pay 20 leva and have an interview with a senior officer before they would continue with the inspection.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 am

Pascalcho added:
Anyone knows what is the current procedure to bring a car to BG with Bulgarian transit plates?

Mod 8)

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”