Importing a car

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Again many thanks. The dealer in Germany emailed to say the lamps he had would not fit the 1995 model. Have just looked at the headlamps on the L400 and it is possible to remove the bulbs and replace them. However my understanding from reading these posts is that the glass lens' themselves need to be replaced for LHD ones, not just the bulbs. Hopefully this is wrong and a change of bulbs will suffice!! Never realized headlamps could be such a major headache! BTW if you can send the technical manual for the L400/delica as an attachment it would be very useful. Thankyou

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:34 pm

I don't think there's any such thing as an LHD or RHD bulb.

As a matter of interest the Continentals use a symmetrical dipped beam. We dip left, they dip straight ahead, not right. Presumably they don't worry about clipping pedestrians!

Why not have a word with KAT about disconnecting the dipped beam wiring and connecting it to some lamps on the bull bar with appropriate E marking?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Here you are, here's a lot of overpriced German rubbish!

http://www.bosch.bg/bg/products/car_equ ... oads/Bosch ZSW_BG.pdf

BTW this is what the E numbers mean apparently:-

E1 tested in Germany, E2 France, E3 Italy, E4 The Netherlands, E6 Belgium, E9 Spain, E11 United Kingdom, E13 Luxembourg, E18 Denmark, E21 Portugal, E23 Greece, E24 Ireland. All the tests are supposed to be the same. All you want is something with a symmetrical and reasonably flat and broad beam pattern.

OMG, even Top Gear has got a Bulgarian site now :cry:

http://topgear.bg/

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 pm

gimlet wrote:I don't think there's any such thing as an LHD or RHD bulb.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think that you could be right, Gimlet, as I have searched for LHD lamps on the net so far without any joy, although I am sure that I bought some when i took an English car to Russia many years ago. Maybe I just got ripped off? :lol:

My further research has also revealed that SheilaP's idea of rotating the lamps in their holders could be nearer the mark than first imagined! As far as I can make out, some manufacturers provide a dual-position fitting location in the headlamp socket to achieve the LHD specification of dipping straight ahead.

Your link above doesn't seem to work, btw...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Yes, that happens sometimes, you've got to cut and paste the whole thing right down to and including the .pdf at the end.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:24 pm

cannylad asked:
Does anyone know the current charges for importing a vehicle from uk to bg and how they are worked out?
We are thinking of importing a MERCEDES-BENZ ML270 163 bhp but want some idea of costs first.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Halaku

Postby Halaku » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:22 am

No such thing as RHD or LHD bulbs; a bulb is a bulb. If anyone has offered you a LHD bulb you've been ripped off. Rotating the bulbs won't make a difference either.

The throw of the light is dependent on the plastic lens housing and the positioning of the bulb in the holder...nothing else. Anyway as people have indicated the KAT officers check the headlamps by reading the markings on them. Gimlet's idea is the only one that's going to be valid...and even that wouldn't be easy.

Easiest thing to do would be to sell it and buy a different car.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chesterfester123
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Car Registration in Company name, do we need a lawyer?

Postby chesterfester123 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:07 am

Hi

We have a French registered car and would like to transfer it into our Compamy name so that we can get BG registration. Please can someone tell us the procedure for doing this?

Do we need a lawyer and a notary or can you just go to an Notary and what are the costs?

Thanks for any help.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”