Cheap Flights

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
vlado

Postby vlado » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:08 am

(Dnevnik)20/03/2008

New airlines to perform flights from Varna, Burgas airports

Over 115 charter and 20 regular routes will be available this summer from the Varna airport, on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, said Andreas Helfer, executive director of Fraport Twin Star Management, the outfit operating the Varna and Burgas airports under a concession arrangement.

A total of 48 airlines have so far notified flights to and from the Varna airport. The new additions include Swiss International Airlines and Edelweiss Air with flights to Zurich, Lithuanian Airlines with flights to Vilnius and Air Italy Polska with flights to Katowice and Warsaw while Lvov Avia will be flying to Lvov in the Ukraine.

A host of low-cost carriers will be performing regular flights to and from Varna this summer.

In early April, Norwegian Air Shuttle will open a service to Oslo on Saturdays. Starting June 20, the company will fly Fridays from Varna to Warsaw.

Denmark's Sterling will rejoin the fray in mid-May with a regular route to Copenhagen. The first flight is scheduled for May 17. The company also plans to offer a regular service from Burgas to Stockholm and Gothenburg.

The Danish airline first started a Burgas-Copenhagen service a year ago.

In May, Germany's Air Berlin and Germanwings will resume budget flights from Varna and Burgas to Berlin, Duesseldorf and Cologne.

Wizz Air will be flying from Burgas to Luton, Katowice, Warsaw and Budapest.

In early July, the airline will offer Varna-Sofia and Varna-Budapest flights.

Tickets from Varna to Bratislava, Prague, Vienna, Budapest and Kosice are available from SkyEurope.

Aer Lingus will launch June 11 the first direct regular service from Varna to Dublin. Flights will be performed once a week.

The list of airlines with a significant increase in the number of planned flights in comparison with 2007 are VIM Airlines, Aerosvit Airlines, Ural Airlines and Luxair. They will be flying to Moscow, Kiev, Ekateriniburg and Luxembourg

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Garyjs
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Garyjs » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:34 am

This is great news

Assuming that you don't live in the North of UK

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

Hi

Postby gordonroy43 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:17 am

Hi,

As stated the low cost from the uk to BOURGAS or VARNA will not be doing these routes as given to me by them on the reasons given, yes there may be the ones going to other countries as stated above, just going on the information supplied from our low cost airlines.

This is bad news for us as well and why we got the facts from them.

take care

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Garyjs
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Garyjs » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:07 am

With over 60 Million potential customers in the UK it's about time the Low Cost Airlines woke up to the fact that we don't all live around the M25.

As I have apartments in Bulgaria I will keep going, but if I did not, I would not be going again

I am sure I could get an all inclusive holiday else where for less than the price of my flight to Bourgas.

I guess I could always move to Luton.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bulldoggeorge
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby bulldoggeorge » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:55 am

Confirmed news regarding German wings http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=91747 www.germanwings.com
This might be a cheap way of getting from Stansted to Burgas, as both Ryanair and German wings fly Stansted to Berlin/Schoenefeld. Ryanair can be extremely cheap on this route, in fact I found flights for £0.00 only £9.99 tax + baggage if applicable

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:37 pm

They're going to Varna too!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevek
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevek » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:48 pm

We would be interested in Stanstead Varna but from my brief look at the German Wings site it seems that Varna is a direct flight from Cologne/Bonn, they do fly from Stanstead to Bonn but I could not get the site to allow me to get a flight price or even register Stanstead to Varna via Bonn, anyone know if this is possible, perhaps I need to ring them and have a chat about connecting flights?
Steve.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:22 pm

Steve, I think you need to book them independently. i.e. Stansted to wherever and then wherever to Varna.

Germanwings don't appear to fly from Stansted to Berlin on a Saturday, which is the only day they fly from Berlin to Varna

I just took an example now flying Sat 7th June returning Sat 14th June:

Leave Stansted 08:05 arr CGN 10:25 £27.00 inclusive
Leave CGN 19:00 arr VAR 22:35 Euros 244 inclusive

Leave VAR 23:05 arr CGN 01:00 Euros 244 inclusive
Leave CGN (Sun 15th June) 14:25 arr Stansted 14:40 £23.00 exclusive

So, unless you can get better connections through Ryan air, it does seem to be a tad on the expensive side because you would really need an hotel for the return journey at CGN.

However, airberlin fly from CGN to VAR on Sundays and Mondays and seem to be much more reasonable than Germanwings, although their flights from CGN leave in the middle of the night. Their website is easy to navigate.

In theory you could fly from Stansted to CGN departing on Sunday 18th May at 22:00 arr CGN 22:20 for £33 + taxes and then onwards from CGN to VAR on Monday 19th May at 03:40 arr VAR 07:15 for Euros 93 +taxes.

Returning departing VAR on Monday 26th at 08:15 arr CGN at 10:00 for Euros 121 +taxes and then onwards from CGN to Stansted departing CGN at 19:15 arr Stansted 19:30 for £62 + taxes.

Sometimes, the savings just don't stack up against the aggravation factor, but it is fun trying to find the bargains

:lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
darran1977

Postby darran1977 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:29 pm

Finding it really hard for decent flights from Gatwick, Heathrow, Stanstead in August to Bourgas for my first summer visit. Ideally Gatwick. Want to go around 2nd come back around 24th, so 3 weeks. Anyone used Bulgaria Air? they do a change of Sofia. Gutted as thought I would be able to get a direct flight for under £300 - ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
patricia

Postby patricia » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Hi Darran1977

I've flown Bulgaria air several times same company as Balkan holidays. They often do late availability flights at a reduced rate. Usually the fights are direct. There is also wizzair who fly from Luton.
Good Luck

Patricia

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”