Cheap Flights

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
arron
Super User!
Super User!

Postby arron » Sat May 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Colin,

they already are mate!

Paul lice, we do the same. Going next week and then July August for 4 weeks. Sikon car hire are good

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Sat May 17, 2008 10:22 pm

paul-alice wrote:We shall be doing the Luton- Sofia route in july at £106.00 each return which include extra leg room then get the bus to Varna, alot of travelling but saves a fortune.

Paul.

Hi Paul,
we've booked Luton to Bourgas for £115 each in June. It's less than 3 hours from Bourgas to Varna. Maybe flights in July are more expensive.
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnankie

Postby johnankie » Sun May 18, 2008 9:05 am

I endorse what has been said about travel to Sofia. You can normally get a one way flight to Sofia from either Luton with Wizzair or Easyjet from Gatwick for between £40 and £80. We need to go to Vidin. The inter city buses are good, reliable and comfortable. The cost of one way Sofia-Vidin is 16 leva. About the same price as the train, but half the journey time.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Sun May 18, 2008 9:29 am

Hi all,
we did the Luton-Bucherest route in april total cost of 2 flights came to £94.00, got picked up by steves driver from the Baba Tonka guesthouse and taken over the border to rousse.
From there we hired a car from Steve and drove to Dobrich, flights, transfers, and car hire worked out cheaper than than a BA flight to varna.

If you do this route we recommend indesec ( Steve) as he provides an excellent sevice.

Paul.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
JerBil
Super User!
Super User!

Postby JerBil » Sun May 18, 2008 3:58 pm

paul-alice we did similar thing in January (Bucharest) but the road conditions/weather were horrendous at that time. What with delays and airport change, we would probably have been better off going into Sofia. However hire car company (thru Penguin) were tremendous, I am sure they must have lost on the deal.

arron, you may have got Sofia flights that cheaply now but for July/August? I doubt it. If you have, let me know how as I am almost constantly monitoring prices for a friend.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Sun May 18, 2008 4:18 pm

We booked our flights with wizz air last month for july, £212.00 for the both of us return Luton-Sofia, just had a look at their website now and its the same price.
If you leave it a couple of weeks they will double in price, best to book as early as you can.

Regards Paul.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Biker
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Biker » Sun May 18, 2008 11:16 pm

for anyone interested.

Sofia - Varna flights
Last night noticed wizz air had promotions for late July and in August (the dates I checked),

Zero fare ---- only pay taxes , totals around 11 BGN each way were available.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
polly
Super User!
Super User!

Postby polly » Sun May 18, 2008 11:28 pm

To book one way Low Cost flights to and from Bulgaria and Croatia at competitive prices or for any dates, durations or destinations not available online please call us on 0845 130 1114.

From the Balkan website !
So .......
Spotted a return flight of wish I wanted to purchase just the outbound flight - simple enough ! Cost of return flight £936 (4 tickets) !
Rang Balkan ...... do you do 1 way flights - answer yes !
Great ... so how much would 4 seats on the the outbound flight be ?
Answer £936 .......
But thats the same I said ... I know she said, but we are a package holiday company !
So beware ......
:lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
terry

Postby terry » Sun May 18, 2008 11:58 pm

We booked with wiz for June Total cost return from Luton to Sofia
£165.00 for two
Terry

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Mon May 19, 2008 7:33 am

JerBil wrote:.....arron, you may have got Sofia flights that cheaply now but for July/August? I doubt it. If you have, let me know how as I am almost constantly monitoring prices for a friend.
Most of the Luton/Sofia flights are cheap throughout July and August. i.e. under £150

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”