Parking facillites at Burgas Airport.

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Parking facillites at Burgas Airport.

Postby Cameo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:46 am

We are due to fly back to UK in 2 weeks time from Burgas airport. Can anyone tell me how good and how secure the car park is at Burgas airport. We would need to leave the car there for 2 weeks, anyone got an idea of the costs. Also, do you need to book in advance or not. Thanks.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:07 pm

İ have not been there. My wife has and has very unflattering comments about Burgas Airport. Send her a pm here - skaviva.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Have sent a PM Scot, thanks. Has anyone else got any views on this please. Anyone who has used Burgas parking facillities in the past. Any recommendations.......... or warnings!!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bagpuss » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Howdy Cameo,

The car park at Bourgas used to be free and at some point in the last year they introduced charges, many of the car rental companies now park just down the road under the flyover (in the shade outside the airport) or on the road into Sarafovo, the village opposite the airport. I have stayed many times in Sarafovo and often left the hire car in the village for a few days with no problems. My suggestion would be to leave it near one of the hotels on a side street and pay nothing, save your hard earned cash and walk the 5 min journey.

I hope this helps. :)
Regards
B.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:05 pm

Friend of mine had his new car nicked from the secure parking at Bourgas airport, so make sure you have insurance.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:51 pm

This week the new parking system came into operation at Burgas airport. After going passed the Police barriers you turn to the right and there are now 2 lanes one for buses and one for cars, there is then new barriers were you have to obtain a ticket from the machine before the barriers lift, the new entrance to the car park at the bottom is now just passed the barriers on the left. When leaving the airport you now have to round pass the depatures terminal and then there are barriers on the road before the police barriers where you have to pay. You are given 10 minutes free for drop off and pick up.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Leaving the car at Burgas - hmmmm.....

How about asking someone from Mamarchevo to accompany you to the Airport and drive your car back?

Maybe the Motel at Bolyarovo would allow you to park it there for a small fee - it would be safe.
Our car stays there as a friendly favour and we take it to UK once a year and back.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sleepdays

Postby sleepdays » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Their appears to be four types of parking going on at Burgas airport

1, On the way in under the flyover or in the town opposite, Not sure how safe this is or if the car will be towed away?

2, Short term parking near the new terminal. the booth is usually maned and costs 2 lev per hour.

3, Short term parking near the entrance which is accessible via a barrier and booth. The booth was unmanned and the barrier up on my last visit at 3am in the morning.

4. Long term parking with barriers down and no visible way of getting the car out in the early hours.

The costs where all displayed on the toll booth as 70 lev for the 1st ten days and 3 lev per day after that.

Does anybody have any idea of how to use the facility as I will be coming in on yet another night flight?

Sleepdays

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Postby doberden » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:48 am

never had a problem parking the car at burgas airport.
the free 10mins is a joke in the summer as it often takes 15mins in the queue to pay, so they get you anyway, been lucky and got through in 8mins on a couple of occasions.

least its free in the winter and left my car there on a number of occasions with no probs.

there is a bit of land opposite the airport where alot of people park just of the roundabout. never tried it so cant comment.

More chaos will be starting again and as for what looked like a new car park is now a plane cemetery

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:07 am

Anyone who uses Burgas airport during the summer will appreciate how hard it is to park on busy nights through the summer period. For the last few weeks they have been leveling and working on the land to the right as you come down the slip road to the airport from Sunny Beach, and a nice new large car park has been built. Yesterday when I went to the airport, I could not stop laughing as now they have parked some old planes on this area, a couple of old fighter planes, one lovely white one that looks like a character from a childrens book, an old battered helicopter, a couple of other small planes. So it looks like its going to be just as bad through the summer to park in the airport

We are lucky as we are able to park on the top as we have mini buses but and dont have to wait to get out as we use passes, but it would have been far better if they had used this land for more parking. :lol:

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”