Wizzair

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Busta
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Wizzair

Postby Busta » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:22 am

Hi Pam

We have flown wizzair many times, Luton to Sofia, the bus and pre boarding allow you to get on the bus/plane first however you need to be aware that the majority of travellers on wizzair flights are non english speaking so they do not know how to queue!!

If you want drinks/food on the flight these have to be paid for but I don't know whether you can book a meal in advance

Personally we have never paid for prebus/boarding and they haven't left us at the airport yet!!

Best Wishes Busta

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tahlullah

Postby Tahlullah » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:30 am

Hi

I've travelled with Wizzair before as well and have not paid for anything beyond the cost of the flight and baggage charges.

Like Busta, never been left at the terminal either!!

Tahlullah

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariok

Postby mariok » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:42 am

Hi,
We paid for that on our last flight with Wizz and would pay again. As they put a red spot on your ticket and you get to go to the front of the queue, board the bus and leave the bus first and get on the plane first and get the best seats. Well worth a bit extra, especially if your traveling in a group.

Mariok

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
JetJem

Postby JetJem » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Travelled several times with Wizzair, always been excellent. Never paid for the extra but its a bit of a scramble with no seat allocation, if you fall down in the rush you've had it!
Still having problems with booking on their website with "Session Expired"
I have emailed them to see if there is a fault on the site.

Anyone else still having this problem?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seasider
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby seasider » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:17 pm

Just to say I am also experiencing the same problems with the Wizzair website

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Keegan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Keegan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi, recently thats all Ive had on the site...session expired. Not sure how they do any business.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pam

Wizzair

Postby Pam » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks for all the info. It's helped a lot to know what's involved.

Pam

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:25 pm

Although you pay for pre boarding and the bus it does not work very well as when the bus stops everyone else is on the bus you might have got on first but that does not mean you will get off first, you are fare better to pay the extra I think it is 5 euros for extra leg room this gives you a seat allocation, it is the 2 rows in the middle by the emergency exit doors. So it does not matter when you get on the bus and you dont have the rush for a seat.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
KennyP
Super User!
Super User!

Postby KennyP » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:59 pm

mariok wrote:Hi,
We paid for that on our last flight with Wizz and would pay again. As they put a red spot on your ticket and you get to go to the front of the queue, board the bus and leave the bus first and get on the plane first and get the best seats. Well worth a bit extra, especially if your traveling in a group.

Mariok

Cheers for the tip-off Mariok, I'm going to buy some little red spot stickers for our summer flights & beat the rush. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
JetJem

Wizzair back on line

Postby JetJem » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:22 am

Just checked the site, and without confirming a booking, it looks like the "Session" problem has gone. They must have lost loads of business, I e-mailed them twice to report the problem and got automated replies. Not the best way to run a business!

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”