Wizzair

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trimbug
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Trimbug » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:47 pm

I used Varna airport a couple of weeks ago and as far as I could see there are no computer terminals or check in scanners at the airport - so you could not check yourself in or print out a boardning pass on the premises.
There is no problem with checking in on line and printing a boarding pass from anywhere else though and I used an internet cafe the night before - as long as the boarding pass has the barcode printed you should be ok.

Check in and print before you reach the airport.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Balchikgirl78
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

wizzair

Postby Balchikgirl78 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 pm

hi
The answer to the last question is yes.
one more thing if you have paid for priority boarding or extra leg room for the flight you will still need to queue at check-in to get your little purple sticker put on your boarding card,without it the boarding staff might not let you have what you have paid for as happened to me earlier this year.
(so sorry no purple sticker no priority boarding)boarding gates staff comments,
on arrival at luton i went to the company who handles wizz air to complain and get a refund but they didnt want to know,hey ho such is life!!
bg78

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Andrea
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Andrea » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi

Thanks for all your help. I have now checked in online - I think it was a few hours too early when I tried before.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Noticed today when browsing that wizzair flights are cheaper from Varna to Luton in Feb .......though they do tend to go up with wizz the nearer you get to departure date.

Does anyone know if they will do winter flights Varna to Sofia as they seem to have stopped them?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
steven1404

Postby steven1404 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm

they have cancelled the internal flight sofi to varna as i tried to get one in nov

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Wizz Air lack of care and service

Postby Candyfrank » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Wizz Air canceled their flight Varna to London on 16th Dec 2010 and this is a copy of my Formal Complaint. I will post their response.

FORMAL COMPLAINT 12/17/2010 2:15 PM
My flight from Varna 0651 was canceled after checking in and our being called to the boarding gate. The incoming flight was diverted to Burgas and returned to London empty. This was an operational decision, I am sure, to cancel the flight instead of delaying it. Burgas in air time is only about 20 minutes and as seen below flights to Moscow where operating at the same time.
16.1212:50 MOA9222Moscow VnukovoT116:40Departed16.1213:30 MOA9218Moscow VnukovoT1Boarding16.1213:30 OS764ViennaT117:03Departed16.1213:55 W6651London LutonT1Cancelled16.1214:40 MOA9212Moscow VnukovoT1Boarding16.1215:00 MOA9224Moscow VnukovoT1Check-In16.1217:55 FB974SofiaT1Check-In16.1218:20 MOA9220Moscow VnukovoT1Check-In
I was given a letter in which Wizz Air states “your safety and comfort together with providing every passenger with the best “Wizz Experience”. The “Wizz Experience” was an experience but Wizz Air had no concern whatsoever with either my safety or my comfort.
The plain fact is that Wizz Air literally dumped us, there was no Wizz Agent to help as and the girl at the Varna airport information desk had no idea what to do, except to tell us that we must phone Wizz Air call service (at premium call rates). Those passengers who did phone still did not get any real help.
I understand the airport runway was being cleaned but must reiterate other planes where operating, however the roads to and from the airport were snow bound making driving very dangerous although snow ploughs were operating. Because of the adverse weather conditions, there were no busses and only means of transport from the airport, was to now try and negotiate with taxi drivers who were demanding extortionate rates. I live in Dobrich and the Taxi charged the normal 40lev to the airport. For the return journey, the Taxi driver not only demanded 50 euro to drive back to Dobrich but also refused to provide a receipt. This is obviously illegal, but what could one do at that time?
Wizz Air arranged a coach for the diverted passengers who landed in Burgas to transfer them to Varna, so I find it inconceivable that Wizz Air could not arrange for a coach from Varna airport to Varna City centre where one could find “safety and comfort” in a hotel or find other means of transport home.
It is the duty and responsibility of airlines to take care of their passenger once they at the boarding gate. Wizz Air did not exercise due diligence and simply dumped us, stranded.
To satisfy this FORMAL COMPLAINT Wizz Air must:
1. Cancel my reservation, Reference V***** Varna Flight 651 16th Dec. and return Flight 652 from London 23rd Dec 2010 and refund immediately 588 BGN paid on 12th Dec 2010 by VISA Inet Payment ID ****. Either refund my Visa Debit Card or refund to my bank account F**** J******* ********
2. Remit within 14 days a full response to this Formal Complaint with a reasonable recompense offer.
3. Notification of Wizz Air’s future policy towards its passengers care and comfort if the same or similar incident occurs again at Varna Airport.

Take Note: A copy this Formal complaint has been posted on MyBulgaria http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 269#422269 and Wizz Air response will be forwarded to who it may be of concern i.e. NCO, ELFAA and the media.

Yours sincerely

F**** J*******
A 68 year old war disabled pensioner

Edited to delete personal details. Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Nice try; they won't do anything until you reach the steps of the courthouse. Not sure its a great idea to be posting your bank details here.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Candyfrank, did you read the Wizzair Terms and Conditions? Especially the bit that says "You will not be entitled to compensation if we cancel your flight due to reasons outside the control of Wizz Air (unavoidable extraordinary circumstances)."

Unless you can demonstrate that they cancelled their flight to suit themselves (close to impossible and expensive anyway) or that they are in breach of the Montreal Convention, any relevant national law or General Conditions of Carriage then you're probably whistling in the wind.

I'm also rather intrigued by why you feel that Wizzair should compensate you because you were ripped off by a Bulgarian taxi-driver. :?:

It was a very crazy day yesterday, as I know from having spent an unconfortable 12 hours in Luton waiting for a re-scheduled flight to Sofia, but most Wizzair passengers there were happy just to get to Bulgaria eventually - even though someone in Luton had indeed seen several flakes of snow.... :wink: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Good luck CandyFrank - but I fear you shouldn't hold your breath....

Sad as it might be, the 'Ooooh-I say-old-war-veteran' style is quite likely to likely to rub people up the wrong way as soon as they read it, IMHO.

Finally, your link to where you have posted it is now invalid, of course, because you have moved it (at MOD's request)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:59 pm

It sounds likely that the initial cause of your problem was due to a strategic decision and not an operational one.
It is most likely that bourgas airport was declared a bad weather landing but varna was not, the pilot was not qualified for bad weather landings.
As to the airlines responsibilities once you have passed check in I will leave that to your legal eagles.
Good luck and lets hope wizz are full of christmas cheer

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”