Wizzair

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Seedy yes I know the terms and of course it will not be proved that they cancelled the flight to suit themselves even that Moscow flights were operating. The point is that they did not keep to their CANCELFLTLETTER-EN/FEB 10 which begins with “your safety and comfort together with providing every passenger with the best “Wizz Experience” and then “for details on alternative flights and/or ground transportation please contact the Airport Information Desk”. The girl at the information desk said she knows nothing and we must phone Wizz Air (premium rates).
In the attached letter it clearly states “The refund of the cost for assistance specified in section 4 and 5 above (which includes transportation) to a reasonable amount as supported by invoices” and that was impossible. I did not say the Taxi Driver ripped me of and in those condition it was understandable they wanted more after all they may have got stuck and could not get home.
“Wizz Air did not exercise due diligence and simply dumped us, stranded.” Of course I know I will not get satisfaction but am entitled to an explanation and register a complaint plus a refund of my tickets. The 100’s of passenger would also been happy to wait 12 hours in Varna but this Varna Airport and there are no flights to London, no bus service other than to Varna which didn’t appear.
It appears that you do not believe in complaining or it is not worth complaining. Only by complaining can a company know what went wrong or what they can do to improve their service. I also posted the complaint letter here so that MYBG members are pre-warned on how Wizz Air treats its customers. Of course it will not go to court but I have some long winter days here with time to bring this matter to the public. There is an old Chinese proverb which goes something like… ‘It takes 100 years to build up a reputation and just 100 seconds to lose it’
Let’s see what Wizz Air response is and if they really care or do not care. Finally my argument is with Wizz Air and not with you.

Mememe… thank you… believe me I am not holding my breath, I was a lucky one who got back home in Dobrich. I really feel sorry for those passengers who live out in the villages and those those who cannot get back to the UK for Christmas.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:30 pm

theweeton wrote:It sounds likely that the initial cause of your problem was due to a strategic decision and not an operational one.
It is most likely that bourgas airport was declared a bad weather landing but varna was not, the pilot was not qualified for bad weather landings.
As to the airlines responsibilities once you have passed check in I will leave that to your legal eagles.
Good luck and lets hope wizz are full of christmas cheer

Thank you theweeton. Last time I flew in to Varna by Wizz Air the pilot told us he was going to "test land on fully automatic pilot" TEST was the operative worrying word :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:41 am

I envisage a few more hard luck stories...... before you think of complaining read E.U.261/2004 then dont not complain.... DEMAND :!:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:15 am

theweeton wrote:I envisage a few more hard luck stories...... before you think of complaining read E.U.261/2004 then dont not complain.... DEMAND :!:

Thank you theweaton... just read and is very interesting... yes there are many more hard luck stories much worse than we endued in Varna. Duty of care is paramount, which Wizz Air failed to provide. It will be interesting in their response to my formal complaint

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:21 am

theweeton wrote:I envisage a few more hard luck stories...... before you think of complaining read E.U.261/2004 then dont not complain.... DEMAND :!:

"DEMAND" on what basis?

Paragraph 14 of the Preamble states: "As under the Montreal Convention, obligations on operating air carriers should be limited or excluded in cases where an event has been caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such circumstances may, in particular, occur in cases of.....meteorological conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight concerned..."

I appreciate that you felt that you had been given the "Mushroom Treatment" but a large part of Western Europe was in a mess for many days and the Information Desk did indeed tell you how to get more information directly from Wizz, even if it was at their outrageous phone rates which are very likely designed to discourage as many people as possible from calling them. In any event, given the circumstances the Wizz Call Centre would no doubt have been permanently engaged.

It's incumbent on all of us to read the conditions of the contracts we're entering into, whether it be to buy a house or book a cheapo flight. If you need a receipt then you have to ensure you get one - it's hardly Wizz's fault if the taxi driver charges more than you know he's entitled to (he COULD have just refused the trip if he was so worried about it) or if he declines to give you a receipt. If you don't produce a receipt, why should Wizz even consider refunding an unproven expense?

Almost everyone travelling has had a hard time over the past few days - what happened to the old Blitz Spirit, has it been completely overcome by the Compensation Culture?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:17 am

Seedy wrote:

"DEMAND" on what basis?

Where my post a reply to candyfranks predicament I would be inclined to agree with you. It would be superfluous to give candyfrank andy advise as he/she is seeking legal advise.

This thread is about wizz, Wizz is an E.U. carrier and this forum is about Bulgaria an E.U. country and in the main the membership of the forum is made up of European citizens so E.U. laws as they apply to air passengers may in certain circumstances be helpful.
As I say Demand if you are within the law.
As you say " It's incumbent on all of us to read the conditions of the contracts" but law supersedes contracts.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:18 am

I have not had any problems with Wizz Air either from Sofia or Burgas. The only downside is that Luton airport cannot provide seating in the departure gate area -- and some people think it's Wizz Air's problem.. :?

My only input here is surely it's best to check online before going to the airport to see if any delays etc...We did this when flying to the UK last year with the volcanic ash and Wizz Air's site was giving advice etc and no need to call expensive service lines.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
PCVrach

Postby PCVrach » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:27 am

We have to bear in mind that Wizz is a budget airline, you get what you pay for. I have had my complaints with them too but fly with them because they are a third to half of the price of British Airways.

That is why they have all the extra charges, early boarding, call centre ect. My biggest complaint has to be getting to Luton from Sheffield! This costs more than the flight sometimes lol

Perhaps Wizz are not so used to bad weather conditions as the Russian carriers? Or perhaps the Russian carriers don't mind losing one or two planes?

Actually thinking about it, the Russian airlines seem as capable as Wizz only more able to be on time! :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dale21
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dale21 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:30 am

I agree we have to get to Rotherham and have the same problems.

Manchester trains to Meadowhall are so cheap wished it was the same from Luton.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi,
Megabus do Meadowhall to London for £1. It takes you to Victoria station in London, (doesn't stop near Luton). Maybe there is a cheap bus to Luton from there ? The bus journey from Sheffield to London takes 5 hours though. :(
Trev.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”