Wizzair

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:02 pm

i am on the flight tomorrow as well, going back after christmas in the UK

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:04 pm

That's a standard notification - we get the same at the Sofia end but it's actually taking no longer than usual. I normally arrive in Luton about 1.5 hours before the flight-time and have plenty to spare for window-shopping in the vastly over-priced cr*p shops there. At the Sofia end, I always leave home at 5am for the 6am flight.... :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Last time I did it security took hours, I know they now have new security desks so it might be quicker, just hate Luton airport.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:35 pm

Came out through Luton at end of November...it was so bad at security that the line waiting was right back and downstairs to the lower level.....they had even closed the escalator down there were so many people waiting. Tiarnan was well pleased as we had flown in from Belfast the previous evening....but as I told him...we'll still be in Bulgaria later...and we were.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
endeavour777

Postby endeavour777 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:43 pm

In November i booked flights Luton to Varna departing on Saturday 16th June and i printed off the confirmation showing this - I have just logged on to their site to see about booking flights in September as they have a sale on today and happened to notice in My Bookings that my next departure was 17th June ( Sunday) i then checked and there are no flights now on Sat 16th June (despite the confirmation that i Have) and can only assume that they have now cancelled the Saturday flight and transferred me to the Sunday flight without even the decency to contact me.
Nothing surprises me with them but if anyone else has booked for the 16th June you had better check.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi endeavour777

this is odd, I have just had a look at flights at that time and they are still selling flights for the preceding and following Saturdays.

Are you sure that it's a cancellation and you have not been bumped because it is over subscribed, either way it's a liberty and so are the prices.

Ah well it's the law of supply and demand " we have all the supply and we can demand whatever the f**k we want ".

Time to plough through the terms and conditions and good luck with that.

Chin up fellow traveler.

Cheers Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:02 pm

oldtimer wrote:Last time I did it security took hours, I know they now have new security desks so it might be quicker, just hate Luton airport.

It's worth paying £3.00 and going through the fast track. I have never had to wait for more than 10-15 minutes

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Talking about Wizzair, have you all seen this, I've booked a flight for £69.99 return

Happy 2012!

20% OFF
All flights, all destinations
Now open to everybody
Only if you book on 5 January

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stuartlee

Postby stuartlee » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:40 pm

Does anyone know what is happening with winteer flights between Luton - Bourgas. There are no flights showing from November onwards :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Believe the airport is closed due to runway repairs, flights only from Varna

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”