Are you interested in flights from UK to Gorna Oryahovitsa

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:07 pm

tandt wrote:Being an old sceptic, I can't help but smell a fish. Could the airport representative identify him/herself, so we know they aren't a REA. It wouldn't be the first time that the rumour has been started that Gorna will be doing flights to the U.K. ( usually by real estate agents, trying to bump up the sales around Veliko ). I just can't see why an airport management rep would need to come on a forum like this to estimate their customer base.
Trev.

Hi tandt, we can assure you that the opening poster is the genuine article! We made all sorts of checks before we let them register... :wink:

Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks mod ! Then in that case, I think it's a great idea. I've flown to Sofia to get to my place at Bourgas, as have others - which proves that customers will fly to Gorna to get to other areas, not only Veliko - if the prices are competitive.
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tavy

flights to gorna

Postby Tavy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi

I would definitely be interested in flights to Gorna as would my friends. How ever there was a thread about this approx 12 months ago and the prices the company were quoting did not make it feasible. If I remember rightly it was £250 each way :!:

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it works out.

Regards Tavy :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dylan

Postby dylan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Could the OP come back on and say if the airport has raised the finance to get the terminal up and running. here are a couple of articles i have found and there are more to read if you google the name. Personally the airport would be of no use to me. i would prefer plovdiv , another person Ruse etc., dylan

http://news.guide-bulgaria.com/NC/Velik ... yahovitsa/

http://news.guide-bulgaria.com/NC/Velik ... sa_airport

p.s. perhaps sir Alex and his mates have got the airport as well :) and read the article at the bottem of that page. it seems all the brits are leaving VT if it is true.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shazzy

Postby shazzy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:18 pm

we would also be interested as we have a 2-3 hour drive to sofia

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby markie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Its a great idea but I think possibly on feasible if flights are infrequent so they can be filled up each time. Not that I think that is a bad thing, I think if the price is competitive, expats at least in this area would plan their trip around the flight times.

I think price would be crucial for this. I think it was only around 100 GBP to get to England one way for me recently. Many expats here dont have the money to spend on premium rate flights, and although they may well pay a bit more for the convenience of not having to negotiate Sofia and the coach ride, there will be a limit for most people. The coaches to and from Sofia and Varna are very cheap.

But good luck, I hope it does take off. Would be very handy, my family and I would use it if the price isnt too high.

Mark

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eyebright
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eyebright » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:32 pm

A resounding yes from me too.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chinabike
<b>British/Speciality Food Supplier</b>

!!

Postby chinabike » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:45 pm

YES YES YES YES !!!!!!

THE SOONER THE BETTER.

WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT !!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
vt
Super User!
Super User!

flights

Postby vt » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:22 pm

how about Sofia to gorna?to start
Regards
vt

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm gonna be the first to express mixed feelings!
Cut out the 3 hour drive YES PLEASE.
We have noticed that we seem to be under the main flight path into Gorna however!!
On second thoughts lets be real here....we're never going to be talking Heathrow here are we! :lol:

So YES bring it on!
VT to my family in Devon or Wales takes about 18-21 hours at the moment. That's 3 hours to Sofia, 3 on the bus....connection delays at either end waiting for the coach or train and 3-6 hours travel at the other end.
At sensible prices please.
It doesn't have to be AS cheap as easy jet from Sofia but cost would be an issue.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”